Has anyone here had their sleeve resleeved?

DeeDee83
on 3/11/15 3:46 am

Just want to know if anyone here had a sleeve done, and then years later had to have a resleeve done?  What was their experience with that?  Was it because you were no longer full, or gaining weight?  When you had the resleeve, did you get the weight off and maintain it?  Who was your surgeon for the resleeve?

Curious, because I have a sleeve, and for years have not felt full at a meal.  As if my stomach has gone back to normal size, if that's possible.  I'm just starting the research on having it resleeved, because the weight is just climbing again.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

band07sleeve13
on 3/11/15 5:07 am

I'm currently obsessively researching this as well.  It's not easy, there isn't a lot of information out there but it does happen.  I started out with lapband and revised to sleeve and it has never worked for me.  I requested my x-rays at my one year post op apt and I can clearly see that my sleeve is very large, Iv consulted with three different surgeons who are willing to do the resleeve however, its a big decision going in for a third surgery.

DeeDee83
on 3/11/15 5:30 am

I had the band years ago, and that was a total failure.  It eroded into my stomach, and the port got severly infected and I had a fischer.  The surgeon repaired my stomach when he took out the band.  I had to heal from that surgery.  It was a few years later that I had the sleeve done.  I believe it was not a small one either.  Because I only felt full for the first few months.  So now, I've gotten insurance, and I'm researching this surgery, knowing that I will have a lot of adhesions in there too.  Not sure how much of the stomach they can cut out.  Honestly, I would like a DS, but that may not be possible.  I'll have to speak to the surgeons and get their professional opinions.  But if I can't have a DS, then it will be a resleeve.

band07sleeve13
on 3/11/15 5:41 am

I was told that they can reduce my sleeve to about 1/3 its current size to resume with weight loss.  Yes, you need to get their opinions, I know insurance isn't an option for me, I'm looking into surgeons in Mexico, I feel completely comfortable with that as I know for a fact that the surgeon who did my sleeve went to Mexico to learn the procedure as many Americans do.  They've been doing it much longer and IMHO they do it better than a lot of American surgeons.

EvaLee72
on 3/11/15 5:32 am

I had a sleeve about 3 years ago and I would like to be re-sleeved.  It looks like it is hard to find anyone to do this.  I see that the other surgeries can get revised more easily it seems which is tough to hear.  I really hope that a surgeon can be found to do a resleeve

DeeDee83
on 3/11/15 5:38 am

EvaLee, what state are you in?

EvaLee72
on 3/11/15 6:53 am

I'm in Virginia

DeeDee83
on 3/11/15 7:02 am

i'm in nj.  I'm hoping to get this done this year.

kidcocoa2013
on 3/28/16 12:48 pm
VSG on 12/24/13
Traci D.
on 5/1/15 7:18 am - Forestville, Md

I just consulted Dr. Elariny in Fairfax, VA about doing my revision I did the endoscopy Tuesday and my pouch is bigger and he said he can do the restriction.

Most Active
Recent Topics