incisionless revisional surgery

brandifb
on 3/16/15 10:00 am, edited 3/16/15 10:07 am - Houma, LA

Hello, I had the gastric sleeve in 2011, I lost 113 lbs, but have since gained 30 lbs back, and i'm not happy with this. Has anyone ever heard of incisionless revisional surgery? if so what are your thoughts on it?

Thanks

virgonurse
on 3/16/15 10:52 am

Never heard of it...how would they even get inside without an incision??

brandifb
on 3/17/15 8:46 am - Houma, LA

they do it just like they do an endoscopey, down your throat.

brandifb
on 3/18/15 9:53 am - Houma, LA

this is a link to read about it

http://bariatric.stopobesityforlife.com/obesity-surgery/correcting-obesity/procedures/rose-procedure/

MsBatt
on 3/19/15 10:10 am
On March 18, 2015 at 4:53 PM Pacific Time, brandifb wrote:

this is a link to read about it

http://bariatric.stopobesityforlife.com/obesity-surgery/correcting-obesity/procedures/rose-procedure/

Nope, the ROSE is a pretty ineffective procedure for tightening the stoma of an RNY. The OP has a Sleeve.

hollykim
on 3/18/15 4:50 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 16, 2015 at 5:00 PM Pacific Time, brandifb wrote:

Hello, I had the gastric sleeve in 2011, I lost 113 lbs, but have since gained 30 lbs back, and i'm not happy with this. Has anyone ever heard of incisionless revisional surgery? if so what are your thoughts on it?

Thanks

if I am thinking correctly,this is the tube type thing they put into your esophagus that limits the amount of food that goes down. 

Pit is stated to be only allowed to be i places or up to six months and then what will you do? 

kristina13
on 3/22/15 8:38 am

I had that done twice and from experience I can tell you it doesn't work. In fact I was able to eat more and gained weight. I met other patients who experienced the same results.  If it worked that would be awesome sadly it doesn't.

Melissa S.
on 3/18/15 9:25 am - Bristol, VA

It is called 

Endoscopic Suturing

And they go down your throat and suture up the outlet and make your stomach pouch smaller again.

MsBatt
on 3/19/15 10:11 am

The OP doesn't have a pouch, she has a Sleeve.

MsBatt
on 3/19/15 10:09 am

With a Sleeve, the only incisionless revision surgery would be plication---and it's not without its dangers. Another option would be a re-Sleeve, but that does require incisions. There's also the possibility of going to a complete Duodenal Switch, but you may be too small for that. However, you should research ALL these options before you have any further surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics