2.5 years post op and considering revision

Bchica15
on 4/22/15 7:18 am
with
On April 21, 2015 at 6:56 PM Pacific Time, RizingPheonix wrote:

Ok I only had my surgery dec 14' but I cant seem to loose weight. I haven't even lost half the weight I need too, yet I'm following the diet restrictions and am at the gym 5 times a week. I really dont know what else to do and considering I've still got well over 100 lbs to loose and I'm going no where, I feel I've made the wrong choice by not having the RNY instead of the VSG. My surgeon didnt feel that my slow weight loss was anything to worry about at my last appointment but the scale hasnt moved since! This isn't supposed to be happening! The level of frustration is beyond words at this point. The greater the amount of weight that one needs to loose is related to the amount one loses in the early stage after the surgery, like the person before, there has been no honeymoon stage for me. Even my husband, who had the same surgery 5 weeks before I did and had only 100lbs total to lose, is almost at his goal. I'm down 60lbs even though I have a total expected weight loss of 235lbs.(approx 60-80 of that being excess skin/flesh) My next appointment is on Jun 9th with my surgeon and I feel its time to talk revision. So any information, at any stage, is quite welcome and appreciated.

I know it's frustrating but I say give yourself a little more time. Not everyone is a fast loser with the sleeve. It is frustrating because you see people on the forums doing really well and some people that don't make right choices still doing really well (although that catches up someday). The percentages that I was given was that there are some that lose 50-70% up to two years post sleeve. Some people lose 100% of excess weight if everyone did that the percentages wouldn't be so low. I believe there is still not a lot known about the sleeve. Believe me I understand your frustration, but you are five months post op, hang in there. With that said , I have seen many people post saying they did not do well with the sleeve.

since this original post I found out I have a hiatal hernia and severe gerd. I also found out my sleeve is distended a bit. The surgeon said he has seen this in several of his patient post pregnancy. Which is interesting because I could only eat small bits during my preganancy. I have read post of women losing weigh during that time. Not me I gained just like I did in my first pregnancy presleeve. So I don't know. You can vent to me anytime. Because I truly understand!

RizingPheonix
on 4/23/15 9:45 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 12/03/14

Thank you. I appreciate it. I was actually advised to not go below 1200 because it would keep me from losing weight. Perhaps it is because of my weight, height? I'm not sure but I'll ask again soon. I've already lowered it to 1000 calories with and increase in fluids. Getting the right amount of protein in is my biggest issue because I've already started to see the early affects of the surgery, which is hair loss. So I know somewhere along the way I didn't get enough protein in. Also, at below 1000 calories I have no energy and fatigue is a big issue. Its a thin line to walk hoping to find the right combination that results in weight loss and building muscle. I have changed my exercise routine a little, following a more aggressive strength training regime that keeps my heart rate up to maximize results, I plan on buying a heart rate monitor to make sure I'm staying at my optimal heart rate and to get a better idea of what I am actually burning so that I can continue to customize my routines as needed. I log my food, exercise, measurements and weight fastidiously on myfitnesspal. Even the supplements I take

RizingPheonix
on 4/23/15 9:51 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 12/03/14

bchica15 your profile is blocked, marked as private, so I cant privately message you, in fact I cant even see your profile, would you send me a friend request instead please?

Most Active
Recent Topics