time off

Nadinemel
on 8/6/15 7:14 pm - St Paul, MN

How much time off did you have after laparoscopic RNY revision?

Catherine-Mo
on 8/6/15 8:43 pm
RNY on 05/18/15

I was off for one week.  I have a desk job.

Queen JB
on 8/7/15 5:27 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I do not have a desk job! I could have gone back after 2 weeks--I felt well enough...but I decided to take advantage of the short term disability I've been paying into for years and take a full month off. It's helping me set really great habits around food & water intake and exercise before heading into a busy, stressful job! 

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

kaniky
on 8/7/15 7:31 am
RNY on 05/18/15

I took 7 work days off.  It kicked my butt!  I should have taken more time.  I have a desk job but I wasn't prepared for how exhausted I was. 

I never said it would be easy. I said it would be worth it.
M1: -15, M2: -14, M3: -8, M4 -11, M5 -8, M6 -7, M7 -8, M8 -4

Nerdy_girl
on 8/7/15 11:37 am, edited 8/7/15 11:38 am - MD

I have a stressful corporate-type job where I'm at my desk about half of the day. I originally asked for two weeks but that has been extended to five. I had surgery on the 27th and today, at 12-days post-op, I'm still having crazy bouts of pain and there is no way I could have handled going back to work on Monday. Though, I also had a hiatal hernia repair at the same time as the revision and that is contributing to much of the pain. 

HW: 417 | 2003 RNY: 138 loss | 2015 Revision SW: 279

Butterfli2005
on 8/10/15 7:49 pm

I had my RNY revision (LAP) 3 weeks ago today. I could easily go back to work, even if I worked my old job as a CNA. I felt fantastic post op, and even was walking through the hospital the next two days.  As long as I keep my protein drinks up and additional protein as much as possible I seem to feel fine with good energy... with one exception..I have sharp pain that comes and goes like spasms in my lower left side. When it hits I literally double over. If it weren't for that I would not even be on pain medication. My surgeon gave a prescription for irritable bowl syndrome but I am not sure yet if it will help. I have only been taking it a few days. But even with that pain aside for the time I double over I can easily care for a 3,4 & 7 year old, all of which I have.  I do get tired pretty easily if I do too much or walk too much so if you have a very physical job I would allow a few weeks to recover.

Most Active
Recent Topics