Please Share Band to Sleeve stories

C J
on 9/13/15 9:18 am - , TN

I am having revision to sleeve in Dec.  I had Band removed two years ago because of complications, and suffered physically and emotionally while the band was in place.  Please tell me any NEGATIVE things to having sleeve.  I want to be prepared.

Living > Existing

256/231/135

hopefullyskinny
on 9/13/15 1:05 pm - sacramento, CA
VSG on 07/24/14

Hi there, I was sleeved a year ago and I have lost 140 pounds so far... But I come a from a different place.... here is where I come from I started weight loss when I reached 557lb so I have lost 350 pounds all together.... my issues are as fallows.. one the lose skin and the change to your body will be exciting but will also mess with your head  you will still think u are that obese person and the lose skin bothers me some I have some rashes though not too bad and it pulls on my back I wear three layers of shape ware and the saggy tummy  is still there though I am now a size 14 but then that is coming from a size 38 where u can't even buy them in fat lady stores I had to order online!

most of the issues I have had are more emotional and social though as I healed fast and have had no medical issues with my sleeve. when I lost a large amount of weight after surgery my personality changed I became happier more bubbly and more willing to take the lime light... this caused issues with my friends as they had to readjust to the new person I was ever changing into... also I was the largest of my friends and they used me as guide... ohh I am ok as long as I am not as large as Nikki... suddenly some of them had an issue with me and couldn't really point out why... I was told once I was too into clothing and they didn't like it that I looked put together couldn't I be a gross girl once in a while even heavy I was never the gross girl.... but they noticed things like that more as I got smaller.... my guy friends started to try to sleep with me.... and my girlfriends started to act weird when their boyfriends where around. Started dating shortly after surgery and one bf said to me after two months that I was going to leave him now that I was more attractive.... what the heck?  Giving clothing to friends because tricky as to them it was insulting for me to even suggest that they could fit into clothing that was too big for me... not even realizing that they where being hurtful by feeling this way.... I did lose friends because they felt they no longer could relate to me or they couldn't adjust to fact that my place had changed in the friends group.... it is a sad fact but u will find out people really do treat you thousand times better the more attractive you look... even loved family members and friends..... u will also have to say good bye to the person you are now even as amazing as she is.... she isn't healthy and in order for u to be healthy you have to say goodbye

I hope this helps..... oh btw the worse physical thing I can think of is right after surgery is the gas pain and shoot the hair loss the first year out I had soo much hair now I hardly have any but the good thing is that it does grow back ... jut remember to take your vitamins

Hopefully Skinny

C J
on 9/17/15 3:20 pm - , TN

Thank you for your response.  I am sorry your friends treated you that way, but this must be common.  I heard folks in the support group talking about friends getting strange, and even losing friends as a result of their weight loss.  That is crazy.  Friends should be happy for your success!  If I lose friends because of losing weight, they weren't really friends to begin with....so, I'll say, GOOD RIDDANCE!!!! Congrats on your weight loss.  You are amazing.

Christa

Living > Existing

256/231/135

Zee Starrlite
on 9/14/15 8:27 am

if you search on OH, you will find a ton.  I am glad I revised from Band to Sleeve.

All Best

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Most Active
Recent Topics