Thinking about a Revision - thoughts?

dcopehp
on 8/3/17 8:44 pm - New York, NY

Thanks for sharing about the doctor in NJ. Dr. Roslin gave the complications rate as high as 1 in 20 - so slightly higher than what you were told. Is he doing the traditional DS with two anastomoses?

i found out Dr. Inabnet and Dr. Herron at Mount Sinai and Dr. Dankin at st. Luke's in NYC both do the revisions as well.

are you going to see someone else?

hrussinko
on 8/4/17 11:40 am - Franklin, NJ

I tried to talk to some other surgeons offices, but was given the run around. One even belittled me on the phone because I didn't have records from 15 years ago. My first surgeon is no longer around and the hospital is out of business. I have been doing some independent research and I think I feel really comfortable with him. He tells it like it is - and I like that. The staff is a reflection of him and I felt more than comfortable. He recommended one other doc in NYC, but forgot the name.

yasulh
on 8/5/17 7:28 pm - Augusta, GA

Did you try contacting your state's department of health about your records? They may truly be gone since it is past 10 years (standard practice for keeping adult records), but every state is different. There is a slim possibility that the state health department may have access to them or know where they are stored.

RNY 11/15/2010

HW 280ish

SW (after 6 month diet) 247

Lowest post-surgery 183

Current 241

Considering revision to DS - have appointment 8/15/2017

hrussinko
on 8/7/17 4:21 am - Franklin, NJ

I sent an inquiry, but never heard back. In NJ I was told records only need to be kept on file for 7 years. In the digital age, it should be on file forever! I am going to keep on checking though.

lanee09
on 8/2/17 2:52 pm - Los Angeles, CA

Hello All,

I had RNY in 2004 and started at 350 and got down to 235. Over the years I got lazy and carefree with my eating and ballooned up to 330. I had a RNY revision with the same surgeon who did my surgery in 2004 at Cedars. I currently weigh 245, so in all I have lost 85 pounds. I would like to lose more and I am working diligently at it by meal planning, exercising, using my fitness pal, and attending a monthly nutritional group. I would love to lose more weight but I can tell you being 245 is much better than 330.

hrussinko
on 8/4/17 11:49 am - Franklin, NJ

Hi lanee09 - I am about on the same path as you! I would love to at least be 245 again. I don't expect to be a supermodel, I just want the ability to move and be active.

Linram1960
on 8/4/17 6:03 am
DS on 10/30/17

I am in a similar situation.I had the same surgery 13 yes ago and now in the process of getting the duodenal switch by Dr Bonanni at Abington Hospital in Abington Pa.I just hope everything goes well.I have been reaching out on forums to people who have had this done and so far everyone has had a positive experience.

hrussinko
on 8/4/17 11:52 am - Franklin, NJ

Hi Linram - thank you for responding! I haven't seen any truly negative experiences yet. I know there are risks, but there were risks with my first surgery too. I just wish my family would understand that. They are unhappy that I am even considering this. Do you have a surgery date yet? My doctor is estimating a date in 6 months. I have a boatload of tests to get through first.

Linram1960
on 8/4/17 12:04 pm
DS on 10/30/17

No I don't have a date yet but the paperwork to my insurance company has been submitted.I had to do 6 months of nutritionist visits and be seen by a psychiatrist and be cleared by my cardiologist.My family doesn't want me to get it either But I am 57 and now gained more then half of my weight loss of 118 lbs.My Dr is one of the top surgens that do the DS so I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything go well.

yasulh
on 8/5/17 7:22 pm - Augusta, GA

If you don't mind my asking, what insurance do you have? It sounds like they made you go through all of the hoops typically required of the first surgery.

RNY 11/15/2010

HW 280ish

SW (after 6 month diet) 247

Lowest post-surgery 183

Current 241

Considering revision to DS - have appointment 8/15/2017

Most Active
Recent Topics