6 week post op check up

racemomss
on 10/10/17 9:34 am - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

Hi Everyone.

I had my 6 week post op yesterday. The surgeon sure can be in a hurry to push you through the visit. However I had questions... With all the issues I had before surgery I needed to know a few things. So I wanted your input.. I was revised from a sleeve to rny with my old stomach resected. I had a unhealing ulcer and he said he may have made my new stomach bigger by an ounce or two so not to make it too tight. He also explained to me how the bypass works. He did make a comment I hadn't lost anymore weight since last apt. I am ok with losing slow as long as I can eat good and get stable mentally. He did mention if my iron stays low I will need to see a hematologist. I guess my question is, is this all normal sounding to you? I wish I had spoken up years ago when the GERD was happening and maybe could have avoided all this surgery. I still don't know why I never mentioned it. its so unlike me. I am now able to eat more quantity in food now than before the surgery. I am assuming the ulcer which was located at the opening of the pyloric contributed to that?

Southern Mom
on 10/12/17 11:18 am

The only thing I can speak to is the part about eating more in quantity-when I had the RNY the first time and the revision at the limb recently (for intussusception) I noticed I did not feel restriction either and I believe that is as others will say due to the nerves being cut. If I did not measure what I ate first, I would give myself unnecessary sickness or pain because I thought I should feel the full feeling. With time and ability to take in denser foods, I started noticing the restriction now. Hope this helps.

Most Active
Recent Topics