Overstitch

nicole T.
on 9/7/18 3:18 pm

Hello I had my surgery 2011 and currently looking into having the overstitch revision. I have gained about 50 back and want to lose it. Please any feedback from anyone who has had the procedure. I keep ready alot of negative information.

Donna L.
on 9/8/18 9:50 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Not a fan of the overstitch procedure, to be honest. If you're struggling with weight loss after a bypass, it's best to look at why regain occurred and refine habits. If that fails, better to consider a SADI/SIPS/etc or a traditional DS, most likely, just because either will tend to have a better net result.

I would get a second opinion from a different surgeon if one suggested it to you.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Seppie67
on 9/8/18 7:10 pm

Hello. I had my GBS in 2005. After years of success (loss of 102 pound), I started slowly regaining my weight (regained about 60 pounds). I had the Overstitch in Nov 2012. I found it to be more painful than my original GBS. My throat, neck and shoulders were so tender and painful for about 1 week.

The post procedure diet was similar to the GBS post op diet regimen; liquids, progressing to pureed, then soft. By 5-6 weeks post procedure I was back to a regular diet again. However, other than about 10 pounds...I never lost weight after the overstitch procedure.

Just my experience with it, hope this helps you.

MarinaGirl
on 9/9/18 8:03 am

That aligns with what I've heard about the overstich procedure, that people only lose 10-20 lbs max, if at all.

nicole T.
on 9/9/18 2:09 pm

Do you know any other revision surgeries I can look into

nicole T.
on 9/12/18 4:40 am

Do you of any other wls I can look into with greater success

Most Active
Recent Topics