Distal RNY 3 years ago

Lynn M.
on 9/1/04 9:11 am - Henderson, NV
I had a distal RNY 3 years ago and would like to have a revision to make my stomach smaller again, about 5 ounces. I am currently about 8 to 10 ounces and I have maintained the same weight for 2 years and I would like to loose another 40 lbs. No matter what I try it isn'tt working. Does anyone know if there are any surgeons that will do that type of procedure? Just Wondering here in Nevada.
Sheila F.
on 9/9/04 9:52 am - Vinita, OK
Hi Lynn, I had a revision done July 12, 2004 and I was hoping my Dr. would make my pouch smaller again but he did not, he just put a smaller ring on and I have only lost 4.5 lbs. I do not think it was worth the surgery again. If you do have a revision ask your Dr. if he is going to make your pouch smaller if he is not I would not go through that again. I had my first rny surgery in Oct. 2001 and lost only 86 lbs and need to lose another 50 lbs. I thought this second surgery was going to make me lose the rest of my weight but so far it has not. I had my surgery in Tulsa OK.
karen K.
on 9/14/04 12:39 am - Lawton, ok
i am in the process of getting approved for a lap band to be put on my pouch. you may want to look into that. that way they can tighten it if you need to loose more. just an option you may want to consider.
Most Active
Recent Topics