Discouraged and scared

tammie L.
on 3/18/05 2:40 am - Salt Lake City, ut
Hi all. I had open RNY surgery in February, 2001. From day one, I never felt that feeling of fullness that most people get with WLS. I've always felt that I could eat more than I should be eating. I went from 353 down to 240, and now I'm up to 300 again. I never got down to my goal of 150. I went in on Wednesday for an upper GI to check my pouch, but I was informed yesterday that they did not do the test right. So, I may have to take it again. I've thought about a revision, but I don't think any surgeons here in Utah perform it. I know for a fact that my surgeon does not. I am also concerned that my insurance will not pay for a revision, since they've already paid for me to have this surgery once. I am hoping to find out later today if I am going to have to do the upper GI again. Any comments you all might have would be greatly appreciated. I'm just so discouraged. Sorry for such a long message.
Cassandra K
on 3/29/05 4:11 am - Reno, NV
Hi Tamie, You might want to look into a revision to a duodenalswitch (DS)....There are no surgeon in Utah that perform revisions to a DS so may have to travel to find a good one. I traveled 600 miles and am very glad that I did. You can check out the list of surgeons and read about the DS at duodenalswitch.com Don't get discouraged. I understand how depressing it is to feel the pain of a failed wls for any reason. Getting a revision was the best thing I did so hang in there and investigate all of the options available to you. Best to you Cassandra -102 DS revision 10/01/04 Dr. Crookes/Los Angeles/USC
(deactivated member)
on 4/13/05 12:04 am
Tammie, my heart goes out to you... I am in the same boat and terrified! I don't have any advice for you since I have the same questions, but just remember that you are a very strong woman to have gone through all this in the first place and you will make it through this obstacle too, "This too shall pass..." Be strong and it will all be behind you before you know it. Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics