soooo frustrated..first a flipped port and now...a leak in my band

karen K.
on 4/12/05 1:20 pm - Lawton, ok
well i guess first of all my rny pouch was made to large and not enough intestines bypassed. so i get the lap band to correct this problem. wellll when i tried to get my first fill the port was flipped...sooo i had to have surgery (again) to get the port where it could be accessed. Now i find out that my band is not holding the fluid. i believe it was cause by my doctor trying to do the fill and hitting the tubing. he poked me over 19 times! and two times he bent the needle! my story is like a horror story of WLS. Here's my question to all who've read this far...i called and asked the doctor now what? i live 3 hours away from his office so roundtrip its is 6 hours. not exactly a drive across town. he said he wants me to come in next week to talk to him. i told his nurse, cant he talk to me on the phone? i have been in touch with inamed (the makers of the band) and i am hoping they will be able to refer me to a surgeon who will fix my problem. oh by the way, the surgeon i saw no longer does bariatric surgery. what would yall do? i am just so frustrated and feel like i am failure. karen
ebony868
on 5/19/05 4:37 am - Chicago, IL
Karen, I'm sorry this is happening to you. Getting in touch with Inamed would have been what I suggested. Also, if you're doctor is no longer doing WLS who did he refer his patients to. Someone has to take over for him, right? Another suggestion is contacting local hospitals, they may have surgeons who perform WLS and can help. Best wishes to you. Ebony
Most Active
Recent Topics