getting a revision and I am nervous!!

keleigh615
on 4/13/05 3:46 am - Vernon, CT
Hi everyone, my name is Keleigh. I started out having alot of pain over the last few months in my belly. Then I started to gain weight, I actually gained like 20 pounds over the last 3 months. My other doctors weren't to concerned because I was down to 135 and in a size 2. I had just had 3 major back surgeries and they kept saying "I needed my strength." I developed hypoglcemia. I have been having severe sugar attacks. I actually passed out twice. Then my belly started bloating. It was very obvious. I actually had people ask me if I was pregnant! I started wearing my size 7 jeans again. I was working my butt off on the treadmill and trying my best to diet and eat right. I am already on a ton of meds for my back (pain meds) and my belly continued to hurt. I am also on alot of meds for acid reflux ( prescription prilosec,carafate,and prescription zantac) and I was still chewing tums like crazy. I finally went to my gastric bypass doctor. He agreed something was wrong. He could tell my belly was bloated. He ordered a CT scan. He called yesterday and said that I have a fistula. He said its not my fault and that a small percetage of people get it. he said there was nothing I could have done to prevent it. He said thats why I am gaining weight and thats why so much acid is coming up from my old stomache. The fistula is a tube from my pouch to my old stomache. Thats why I don't really feel full anymore. I am happy that I am not crazy!! But.....I have to have a full revision. I am happy and nervous all at the same time. The surgery is scheduled for april 28th. thats just 2 weeks away!! I will be starting all over from the beginning! I feel like I have so much to do! I have to try and get my mind prepared for that whole thing, remember what its like to wake up and not be able to eat for weeks!?..plus he said he can't do it laproscopic this time. so its going to been and open RNY. I would love to hear from people who had the open RNY so I can prepare for the post op. I have 5 children.I am interested in the recovery part of it.He also feels like when he opens me up there will be some scar tissue and some adhesions that he will have to remove. I am so full of anxiety. I want to make sure I do everything "right" this time. I would love any and all advice!!!!!!!!!!! please help!!!!!!!! thanks for listening!!!!!! keleigh
Cassandra K
on 4/15/05 1:47 pm - Reno, NV
Good Luck Keleigh - I hope the surgery fixes you up and you feel better. I had a revision and it went so smooth and was much easier to recover from then my first wls. Good Luck Cassandra 10/01/04 -104 revision DS Dr. Crookes
Barbara S.
on 4/19/05 2:35 pm - Hope Mills, NC
Keleigh, I wish I had advice, I am scheduled for a revision on May 19th and I am so scared also. I origianally had my done Lap back in 2002 and it was done wrong. Although I lost 120+lbs and got down to about 110 the surgery was incorrect and dangerous to my health in the long run. Now they have to go in and completely undo what was done before and start all over to give me a correct RNY. I've been trying to seek advice from others that might have had a revision done also. I have two small children and im a little concerned about lifting the little one after having open rny. I will keep checking your post to see if anyone has any advice for you if you dont mind. Good luck to you on the 28th. Im sure these revisions will make us healthier, its just hard to think of going through those first couple months again. God Bless and happy healing Barbara
Most Active
Recent Topics