my surgeon said he would not do revision

tinamp1
on 5/25/05 10:14 pm - jacksonville, FL
every thing has been great with the rny, but i have not lost all i need to lose.wnet to dr for review of possible revision he sd it was very hard due to scar tissue.i did not think it would be. he sd he would not redo surgery and that is should go on a 1000 cal diet to lose the rest of the weight,but when i do the low cal diet i seem to gain weight not loose? ANY IDEAS??? the dr sd i should do 700 or 500 cal diet .
waarce
on 5/30/05 1:48 am - Pasadena, CA
Let me tell you about revisions. Some doctors will not do it because they have a greater risk of complications, including death. I think you should go back to basics, you know the protein shakes, and forgo those things that are making you not lose the necessary weight (carbs and sugar). You should exercise more if you aren't exercising enough or none at all. You should concentrate in aerobics and cardio type of exercise. WLS requires that you do these things in order to achieve your WLS goals. You need to do this for the rest of your life in order to lose weight and keep it off. Remember that WLS is just a tool, the rest is up to you. Good luck, and God bless.
Nancy Degenmeister
on 6/3/05 9:07 pm - Bergen County, NJ
Actually, weight training is really important as it's the only way to build muscle/lean tissue which in turn increases the basal metabolism. Studies show that when people lose weight with no exercise, 30% of the loss is lean tissue/muscle (regardless of protein intake). When people lose and do just cardio, 25% of the loss is lean tissue. When people are losing, do cardio and weight training, 0% of the loss is lean tissue. Weight training needs far more emphasis than its given, especially for folks losing a lot of weight rapidly. Nancy 394/275/180
Ruth S.
on 7/8/05 9:09 am - Orlando, FL
I would have to agree with the 2 previous posts. I didn't want to do thissurgery initially but when I was ready to commit to eat by eating right and exericise then I did the step. I'm committed to doing this for life because I know I will not be successful. It is not the surgery or type of surgery that fail it is us (I hope that is not sounding negative) but I do want to encourage to try and go back to basics before considering more surgery. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know!
Most Active
Recent Topics