Revision Question:

Carolyn B.
on 8/7/05 12:40 pm - Clearwater, FL
Has anyone had to have a revision due to the fact that their pouch was made too big? And isn't working any longer? Please respond...Thank you..Carolyn
Reeree
on 8/11/05 7:50 am - Children of the Corn, IL
That's not my case but I know the lap band around the pouch helps give pouch restriction once again to assist with weight loss. Lana
tleej
on 8/12/05 10:00 am - Homestead, PA
Hi Carolyn, I am scheduled to have my revision surgery on Aug 24th. I am having a revision because my pouch is large and I am having some malabsorption issues. I had rny in 2001 I started at 315lbs and I got down to 218lbs but started to regain the weight. My doctor told me that they make the pouch different now than they did 4 years ago.
Carolyn B.
on 8/12/05 10:10 am - Clearwater, FL
Good luck on your revision surgery. Sounds like we are both in the same boat! I am waiting to hear back from the doctor to see what my next step is. Did your doctor say how long you will be laid up?
smlacquement
on 8/27/05 12:52 am - Arlington, TX
I am having a revision on Sept 19th. When my doctor did a upper scope to check things out he said that I have an unusually large pouch. I would expect the same time frame of down time that you had during your first surgery. I was back to work after 2 weeks. I hope you get what you are looking for. Marlene
Most Active
Recent Topics