OT: this is SCARY....serious stuff!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/08 9:03 am, edited 10/16/08 9:07 am
My daughter was hungry for McDonald's..her favorite is the special cheeseburger meal.  I can't deny her anything (you know that, with her health problems)...so we get into my truck and go on down to the corner McDonald's drive-thru.  It's a double drive thru...two lanes can take orders and then it merges into one lane in order to pay.

As I was sitting in front of the menu/order sign..I noticed out the back of my truck, this man walking towards the second lane.  I just thought to myself, that it was an employee emptying the garbage or something.  He disappeared behind the second lane order menu sign.  As the "speaker person" began to talk to me and I was placing my order, this man POPPED up, right in my face ~ between me and the speaker and told me to give him all my money....

I looked at him...he was a filthy homeless dude with his hand out stretched for money.  I yelled into the speaker that  "I'm being robbed ~ get out here"....the speaker person, "yes man we're on it".  The dude ran off across the parking lot and into the gas station next door.  I got up to the window to pay for my daughter's order and they still hadn't sent anyone out to check out the homeless guy.

THIS GUY could of shot me....hijacked my truck.....SOMETHING...and McDonald employees didn't care...he had done the same thing to the car next to me in the second line and she gave him all her money...I didn't have any money, just my debit card.

I am going to buy some pepper spray!!!  I want a taser but hubby said I would be using the taser in the grocery store if people pissed me off (which is true  )..so for now, pepper spray will have to do!!

That is just the scariest thing that has ever happened to me....I feel kind of violated!!  Do you think I should call the McDonald's and speak to the manager...it seemed that no one really cared or perhaps this has happened before...

Dawn
wildwestmel
on 10/16/08 9:08 am
You should call the police and report it, give a discription if possible... McDonalds might have a security video to assist with his ID. 
PudgeyFudgey
on 10/16/08 9:36 am - Canada
If pepper spray wasn't illegal in Canada I'd be carrying it for sure.
Countrybum
on 10/16/08 9:09 am - lincoln, CA
OMG Dawn how horrible for you and the lady who gave him all her money. Yes I would call Mcdonalds and tell the manager and you might even get there Corprate number and call them too. Sorry this happened to you and your daughter.

Shannon
Jody H.
on 10/16/08 9:13 am - Des Moines, IA
Dawn -

What's to stop you from using pepper spray at the store if someone ****ed you off?   

Your life is such an adventure - you could make a mint with your own blog - I'd read it every day!

Did you call back to the manager/owner of the McDonalds?   That doesn't sound like their customer service policy... although since they aren't armed - maybe they train their staff to call 911 instead.     My son just started at the McDonalds (he's 17) a month or so ago.   I know  him - he'd be freaking out and talking about this for MONTHS!

Jody

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/08 9:22 am
Ahahah Jody...I thought the same thing...why does hubby think I will behave with pepper spray than with a taser...He knows I'm just like a dog with a squeaky toy...With a taser, I would get to hear it and watch the pain it inflicts..with pepper spray, just a stream ~ no noise ~ not as exciting..."how hum"...so he believes the pepper spray is safer for the violating person ~ for right now...teehee

Dawn
Dawn K.
on 10/16/08 9:19 am - Marlton, NJ
I am so glad you and Brittany are both allright!  As others have said, call the McD's manager, the police and McD's district office.  They really need some security at that place!
Dawn
Dawn
Keep A Song In Your Heart!
Life Is A Song, Love Is The Music!
100lbscardSmall.jpg picture by bigdooba
New Shell
on 10/16/08 9:19 am - Livermore Falls, ME
I would call and voice your concern, but I would also call the police department as well and give the description of the guy.  He may be homeless but he has no right to violate people like that for what ever reason.
Ashley Robinson
on 10/16/08 9:37 am - Fullerton, CA
I'm so glad you're okay!!! That is awful, sorry you and your daughter went through it. You should definitely call the manager, and possibly the local PD so that they can at least do some patrols of the parking lot. If you can, you should get some of the pepper foam. When you spray it comes out as a foam that covers the assailant's face. When he or she tries to rub it off, the pepper is ground in further and causes more irritation. Some also come with UV dye, which makes it easier for police to identify the suspect later.
~ Lexipro ~
on 10/16/08 9:50 am - SC
I've had a few brushes with the dark side dawn and you did good  yelling into the speaker like that, even if the mickey d's folks were idiots. You're right though - good thing he wasn't armed.

Lexi -  Size 6-8 and holding.

Most Active
Recent Topics