Plain yogurt or plan greek yogurt...What do you add to it??

PomMomTx
on 4/7/11 1:01 am
We had a thread similar to this yesterday, very popular question.

I like the Carbsmart yogurt, but only in 1 flavor, Raspberry Yum-berry.  It has gelatin added to all the Carbmaster line, which gives it a texture that I'm not a big fan of though.

I never liked the taste of plain Greek yogurt (like sour cream, which I detest), but I really stuck with trying mixing things in it because of the great protein boost it offers (20g per 6oz serving).

I finally found that mixing in a Crystal Light-type mix hit the spot for me.  I use roughly half a mix-into-a-bottle -of-water sized packet and stir it very well.  Not every flavor works well with the tangyness of the yogurt, but my favorites are grape, black cherry, and cherry limeade. The bonus is no added carbs!

I make my own yogurt at home a couple times per month, and Greek-style strain it, but I supplement the store-bought cups for convenience as well, usually Dannon or Kroger's store brand.

Open RNY/GB removal/appendectomy4/99; -132lbs; Re-gained 40lbs by '09; Now w/in 20lbs of goal/low wt

CarolineM
on 4/7/11 2:47 am, edited 4/7/11 2:47 am
If I want something sweet, I add berries or other fruit, sometimes Kashi Golean cereal. If I want something savory, I stir in a couple of spoons of salsa.

I discovered Siggi's Icelandic style yogurt at Whole Foods, which in 6 ounces has 100 calories, 14 grams of protein and only 9 grams of sugar and comes in flavors like peach, strawberry and mixed berry. It's nowhere near as sweet-tasting as most American style yogurts, but I like it for a change from Greek yogurt. Of course, since it's from Whole Foods, it's ridiculously expensive, something like $2.40 for one 6 ounce container.

Caroline
  HW 400   SW 355    CW 178   GW 180           5'10"

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 496 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 495 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 369 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?