incision pain

melissa22886
on 4/14/11 9:37 pm
i was just wondering when those of you felt some relief from your incision pain. mine isn't servere or anything but just sore enough that i can't get myself up from a chair or laying down without someone pulling me up with help. it is also sore when i walk around but it helps when i hold a hard pillow against it. it's only the 1 bigger incision all my other ones i don't even realize is there. i didn't have a drain either and like i said it's not severe pain just was curious when everyones stomach felt almost "back to normal" to walk without being hunched over or anything
Carla M.
on 4/14/11 10:15 pm
RNY on 02/21/11 with
Is it incision pain against the skin, or muscle pain. They did a LOT of work in our stomachs and cut through the muscle. Holding a pillow getting up helps support the muscles. Walking uses the stomach muscles. Everyone's pain tolerances are different. I felt fine for two weeks, then had enough pain to send me back to the hospital...my fault, overdid it.

Hope you feel better soon!!!

melissa22886
on 4/14/11 10:19 pm
it's probably the muscle pain then not the incision. what did you do that you overdid it and had to go back to the hospital...as much as i loved the hosptail staff i do NOT want to go back lol
Carla M.
on 4/14/11 10:27 pm
RNY on 02/21/11 with
I walked 5 miles, then went to the grocery. Doesn't sound bad, but I lifted too much weight. Unfortunately, I didn't have any more pain meds at home and my insurance wouldn't cover my refill until that following Monday (it was a Friday). Pain got out of control, so I had to just go to get my pain back under control. Since then, smoothe sailin'! LOL.

fickleme
on 4/14/11 10:22 pm - Bessemer City, NC
I had my surgery just over a week now (April 6) and I am happy to say my incision pains are gone... I too used a pillow to help with moving or even sitting but I no longer have to... Around day 5 I noticed a huge change in how I was feeling... pain and mood both... they both were for the better :) I came back to work yesterday and was fine maybe a little more tired last night than usual but felt good all day and I even slept on my stomach last night and woke up with no pain... yay... I hope this helps and I hope your pain ends soon too... Good Luck!!
melissa22886
on 4/14/11 10:33 pm
good to know thanks. wow you're back to work already. i thought me returning back to work on the 27th wouldn't be enough time lol. how did you feel returning to work as far as pain wise,any pain?

thanks!
fickleme
on 4/15/11 12:00 am - Bessemer City, NC
nope no pain... but like I said I was more tired last night than I normally am after a full day at work... I have a desk job too so that may be why it wasn't so bad... I saw my surgeon for my week follow up on Wednesday and he said that I could even return back to the gym now... I went Wednesday evening but skipped last night... lol
Kari F.
on 4/15/11 8:46 am
I have pain where they were cranking the camera around I think. its one incision, very bruised and sore and swollen. I return to work this Monday. My Dr. is a huge pusher when it comes to getting back to regular activities. Lol good luck and hope WE both feel better soon.

bugpuddin
on 4/14/11 10:28 pm - OH
The first 2 weeks I needed to have DH help me up from a chair. It took me 4 weeks before I could sleep laying down and I felt "normal" in about 6 weeks.

Everyone is different so just keep that in mind!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Height: 5'9"
Highest weight ever: 330
Start of WLS journey: 290
Day of surgery 6/17/09: 280
Current: 156-159 (it varies)
Bod Pod results: 76% lean

I'm hourglass shaped - it's just that all the sand has sifted to the bottom.

nancy409
on 4/14/11 11:09 pm - PA
I had my operation on Monday and still have some pain near the big incision.  I kind of figured it was more muscle issue than incision pain.  I still have some difficulty getting up but it is improving daily.  I just can't wait until I can sleep on my side or my stomach, I am definitely not a back sleeper.

Most Active
Recent Topics