What to do?

kc97038
on 4/15/11 11:47 am
 It looks like I will be having to go the "Mexico" route for RNY. I have questions for the seasoned posters.

If your having to go to Mexico because your insurance has an exclusion, what do you do about after care or post complications? 

In your opinion who is the best Dr. to see in Mexico?

Stacy4442
on 4/15/11 11:58 am
Check out theworldaccordingtoeggface.com  She had her surgery in Mexico.  Maybe you could email her. 

(deactivated member)
on 4/15/11 12:59 pm - San Diego, CA
I was self-pay for my revision surgery and went to Tijuana, MX.  What part of MX are you considering?  I researched and found the top 3 surgeons in Tijuana, MX.  Then, I scheduled a day trip (I live in San Diego) and went down to interview/meet all 3 surgeons, tour the facilities and meet their staff.  I also requested a list of patient references and called them to discuss their experiences.  At that point, I felt I was well-equipped to make a decision as to what surgeon was best for me and so I scheduled my surgery.  While I was awaiting my surgery date, I called around San Diego and found a great bariatric surgeon that was willing to take me on as an after care patient.  I wanted to make sure that was lined up BEFORE my surgery date - not after I was home and God forbid having an emergency.  After my surgery, I asked my surgeon for a copy of the surgical report, which I then dropped off at my local after-care doctor.  So, it's really important to have your ducks in a row when leaving the country for surgery.  Successful research and planning is key with this decision.  I am SO glad I went to MX for my surgery and my surgeon & staff were a perfect fit.  I actually received FAR better care than when I had my initial surgery in the USA in 2001 (strange but true).  Best of luck to you!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 355 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 334 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 293 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 350 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 293 views