purees tomorrow

melissa22886
on 4/20/11 1:03 am
tomorrow i start my puree foods. my question is, how do i know how much protein/calories i am getting. i will be eating much less than the serving size so i don't know how to figure out the protein. i intend on having eggwhites and melted LF cheddar cheese for breakfast. i know i won't be able to eat much of it, but how much should i be able to tolerate? i'm afraid to mess anything up in my stomach since i haven't yet had that "full feeling". also, do i still drink my 2-3 protein shakes per day to make up for the protein since i cannot figure out how much protein i will be having from my puree foods
cgnnala
on 4/20/11 1:26 am
Use the Nutrition Tracker on this website under the tab "tools" above. You just type in what you are planning to eat and it breaks it all down for you for Fat, Protein, Carbs, etc. I use it daily to keep tabs of everything I put in my mouth and it keeps them for you daily so you can see what you are eating and records information for your NUT or Dr. I love it. You can modify the amounts when  you select a food item so that you can input the amount you are actually eating. Google "high protein foods" and you will find tuna, chicken, eggs, cottage cheese up there in Proteins. I am 5 weeks out, averaging 550 calories a day with 70 grams of protein a day. I do two shakes a day and one small meal consisting of a high protein meat like tuna or chicken.

Referral date: December 9, 2010                   First appointment: January 17, 2011
Approved for surgery: February 23, 2011     Surgery date: March 14, 2011

Onederland: May 9, 2011  
                             Diabetes-GONE, HBP-GONE (no meds since 3/13)
melissa22886
on 4/20/11 1:27 am
thanks!
DComstock2010
on 4/20/11 1:26 am - CA
I was told to maintain two protien shakes. I also never felt that full feeling in the begining. I was told to eat aprox 2 oz at a time. I ate one egg with some melted cheese and tolerated it just fine. But everyone is different.
RNY- 2/18/2011

grmadeb01
on 4/20/11 2:12 am - FL
i just moved off the purre stage yesterday...my food plan is for the next 6 months just adds a little more of different foods and amounts each 2 weeks..but anyhow this is what my food plan is now and was on purree..
2 oz of purre protin and 1 to 2 oz of fruit and vegge if i finish my protein...3 times a day, one meal of 6 oz yogurt and 1 to 2 oz of fruit or vegge..fill in with protein shakes to get in for my height of 5'2" of 68 to 86 oz of protein a day...

so i was making scambled eggs with ham and cheese..all of it is pure protein so 2 oz would be 14 grams for that meal...my yogurt has 10 grams of protein in it....i would make egg salad with mircle whip and mustard... and again 14 grams of protein... i would make tuna salad with pickle juice and mircle whip..that is what i lived on for the 2 week purree stage..
my food plan has no soups, grains, taters, crackers until like 6 months..i also got to have 2 popcicles a day...my fruits were applesauce and watermelon, i did have a couple of bites of a banana, but did not puree it as i just did that in my
and no drinking for an hour after eating...that was hard, i was looking at around the 45 min mark...
if you have any of those 4 oz ramikin bowls..i could only get half of one of those at a time...they came in very handy....i would make the scrambled eggs like with 3 to 4 eggs and eat on it for a couple of days...one time i added about a teaspoon of very well chopped onions and some chopped tomatoes...when i would warm them up, i had gotten some con queso cheese dip from my favorite restaurnad and add a small ****tail spoon size of that to warm it up and make it kind of liquid...it gave it a mexican feal to it....thaks god for those eggs...
they were very filling and tasteful at the same time...and sat VERY well in my pouch..
i hope this was helpful in some way...
have a great day
debby
Most Active
Recent Topics