dumping NOW??

rayjack12
on 4/25/11 11:49 am
I'm a little over 4 months out.  I have dumped at least 3 times within the last week.  Two times were relatively mild, a little nauseous, slight headache and elevated pulse.  But yesterday I dumped bigtime.  I believe that it may be milk products doing it.  The bigtime episode was with a small amount of ice cream, tonight it was a cup of milk.  Milk has been one of the things that I have been able to tolerate since early out and its one of the few things that I drink. 

Is this normal? That dumping would start at this point?
Lady Lithia
on 4/25/11 11:51 am
Dumping can start at any point....few dump on straight up milk, but I'm one of those people

Also, for a lot of people the dumping gets easier, for a few it gets worse.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/25/11 11:57 am - OH
I'm not sure whether lactose intolerance and dumping are identical or not (neither applies to me), but I do remember them telling us at the pre-surgery educational session that lactose intolerance could appear suddenly, even several months after surgery.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Cheryl W.
on 4/25/11 9:53 pm - Fernandina Beach, FL
Bummer, that's really unfortunate.  Sounds like it's not much fun to Dump.

I haven't had any Dumping symptoms yet, but I haven't been very adventurous yet either.  I haven't tried ice cream, I'm sort of afraid to.  All my protein is whey based and that's milk, so I guess I'm OK with milk.

I hope it's just milk products that affect you.  There's so many options out there given that so many people have lactose intolerance.   
 HW:  258  SW:  237 CW:  152      
sandsparker9750
on 4/25/11 10:59 pm - CT
Hi,
 I am 5 years out and the last year I can not drink milk. This includes Ice cream. If I have a bowl of cereal, I can not use a lot of milk. Anything more than a half cup makes me so sick to my stomach. It is not a good feeling. So I limit my milk intake. Your system will continue to change through the years. When I first had my surgery, I couldn't get enough milk. Now I can't tolerate it.
Same thing with eggs. I use to love them, now I don't like the taste and they don't like me. So I eat what agrees with me. There is so much out there, I don't need something that will bother me.
I have lost 160 pounds and have maintained my weight for 5 years. So I must be doing something right. Good Luck.
needtoloseweight
on 4/26/11 12:46 am - Oxon Hill, MD
I can't drink milk either.  It makes my ankles swell.  I've been drinking almond milk. It's delicious and goes down smooth.

rayjack12
on 4/26/11 7:34 am
I loooooove almond milk...and rice milk.  But I HATE dumping! 
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views