When does weightloss stop?

goodbyegordita
on 4/30/11 10:46 pm - Miami, FL
I still have a long way to go and just curious how long we have before the main weightloss ends? I see people freaking out about 1 year Anniversary date. Is that when it ends?

Has anyone lost beyound what ever the normal amount of time is?
Surgery date Sept 08, 2010.
Down 210 lbs since Surgery.
Follow my new blog on
http://goodbyegordita.wordpress.com/
add me on Facebook by searching
[email protected]

Amy R.
on 4/30/11 10:55 pm
Well, the smartass answer is "Whenever your caloric intake exceeds your energy expenditure" but I'm not thinking that's what your really asking.

Malabsorption ends at different times for different folks but is usually gone by the 2 year mark. After that, it's all you and what you've put into place as far as healthy eating and exercise. You CAN lose during your second year (I lost about 35 more lbs) and you CAN lose beyond that. It's just more of a diet and excercise thing. The obvious bonus is that you have your pouch even after the malabsorption goes away so if you follow the pouch rules you'll still have restriction in your bag of tricks.

Does that help at all?
Quinns_mommy
on 4/30/11 11:03 pm
It helped me! Thanks! :)

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/30/11 11:21 pm - OH
The weight loss slows down significantly at about 12-18 months because most poeple have lost a significant portion of their weight by that point and because your body adapts to the bypass somewhat and you lose much of the caloric malabsorption (you will ALWAYS malabsorb the vitmains, however).

MANY people continue to lose beyond the one year mark... that is just the point when most people notice that the weight is coming off much more slowly.  I continued to lose slowly well beyond that.  It took me 20 months to reach my goal (and it took about 6 months of that to get the last 20 pounds off).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

newme009
on 5/1/11 8:02 am
 I'm not sure when it stops, it may be different for everyone. I'm over 2 years out and i'm down to 133 and if i don't eat as much one day than another i notice the scale goes down 1 pound, which at this point i dont want cause I want to get to 145, I'm tall and at 133 I look to thin to me. I find it hard to gain any weight at this point and I hope that changes some what, who would have figured I would have ever said that.
Lady Lithia
on 5/1/11 8:28 am
I lost down to 185 at one year out

I lost 40 pounds after that over the next 19 month****ting goal at 29 months and dropping an additional 8 pounds over the following few months.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Most Active
Recent Topics