Feeling defeated

CarolinaJerseyGirl
on 5/1/11 6:31 am
Shame on your doctor for making you feel that way. He should know better. People lose at all different rates. And as you will learn here we all have stalls/plateaus along the way.  I'm 6 weeks out and have lost  23#. My surgeon is happy because I'm losing. I'm happy. I have no monthly goals for weight loss. My goal is that 1 year from now I will have lost enough weight that I feel comfortable with.

And add me to the list of members who just want to slap your surgeon up side his head!
Sandy  

conniefay
on 5/1/11 8:47 am - TX
Hang in there!!! There are Stalls Then Great things Happen!! Patience is a Virtue!! Good Luck!!
ToBeAble
on 5/1/11 9:35 am

As other folks have stated, you're doing great! Everyone loses at different rates, and although it's really hard not to compare with other folks (especially a family member), it'll drive you crazy!

I wish that if your doctor felt compelled to say anything, he had also taken a look at what you're doing and made some helpful recommendations. If your surgery practice has a nutritionist, it might be helpful for you to sit down with him or her to go through what you're doing and confirm that you're on the right track. The NUT could help finetune your plan, if needed -- or confirm that you're heading in the right direction and that the weight will come off in time.

Keep using the tool, and the rest will take care of itself!

Cheers!
Laura

RNY 7/30/10  SW 302/CW ~150/First Goal 155 (reached 9/2011)
Extended TT & Medial Thigh Lift 7/16/12.  Arms, Butt Lift 2/6/13. 

jandjlove2010
on 5/2/11 2:46 am
Thanks everyone. Your posts made me feel a lot better. I do think 35lbs is a great start, but I guess I  want it to be more because I have a lot of pounds to lose. I will stop weighing myself so often, that can also be whats making me feel so defeated. I'm slowly learning that as close as me and my mom are, our bodies are not the same and I really do need to stop comparing and do somethings on my own. I think I'm going to start excercising a little longer than her to help moving things along on the scale.
fatoldbat
on 5/2/11 4:23 am
just work that tool, sweetie!  the weight will definately come off! and....as everyone else has posted....i'd like to be in the line to smack that dr!

blessings to you and your mom!  you're both doing great!!  and....for the record....there will be times when she hits a stall and you lose....then you'll stall while she loses......just keep up the good work!  do what you're doing because 35 pounds is awesome!!!
Blessings,  J
HW 250.4/SW 238/1ST GOAL 155/2ND GOAL 150/CW 143.6
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
jandjlove2010
on 5/2/11 7:42 am
Thank you! Now I'm going to be more happy about my 35 lbs and hopefully I'll lose more next month
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 481 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 481 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 325 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 356 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 69 views
Recent Topics