I totally HATE my CPAP machine!!!!!!!!

DeterminedE
on 5/2/11 10:07 pm
I had loved my CPAP prior to surgery.  After I lost a certain amount of weight I didn't need it anymore.  Good Luck.
Carebearny1999
on 5/2/11 10:13 pm - Rochester, NY
Try turning the dial to increase the humidity. And if you don't like the mask--call them! Most of the time they'll exchange it free of charge! I went through 6 masks until I found one I could tolerate!
Cheryl Allan
on 5/2/11 10:43 pm - Canada
I Love my cpap I can not sleep without it now, a full mask is better i find, the nose ones made it to hard to breathe , good luck
Cheryl Allan

HW...355......SW....322...CW 281

Dale W.
on 5/2/11 11:29 pm - Canonsburg, PA
I've been using BiPAP therapy for sleep apnea now for around 5 years.  It's a catch22 for me.  I know it does tend to help me sleep better and man does it make my normally congested sinuses feel better the next day after I've used it.  The flip side of it is that I have to wait until the very last seconds before I feel like I am going to fall asleep to put the mask on or it just gets me worked up and I feel like I'm not getting enough air.  Clearly it's all mental but still to me it just is a device that my mind must constantly be saying the bad outweighs the good.  Though, every night I try to remember to put it on, or if I wake up int he middle of the night I try to put it on then.  I think everyone must react to them a little bit differently.  For me I feel like my apnea is bad enough that I don't get enough deep sleep for the mask itself not to keep me awake sometimes.  So the short answer is yes, it CAN get better. 

kimtres
on 5/4/11 5:36 am - Doha, Qatar
I've used one for 3 years now and I'm so thankful for it.  But it was an adjustment.  If you feel like you can't breathe with it on, check to see if your machine is ramping up to the amount of pressure you need.  I find that I'm not comfortable with the ramp up and have to turn that feature off.  Then it just delivers the full amount and I don't feel like I can't breathe.  It makes it easier for me to fall asleep.  I recently had a new sleep study done where I had to fall asleep without my cpap and that was the hardest thing to do, took me 4 hours to get to sleep! 

PoCoWino
on 10/8/12 12:24 pm
 I'm there with you.  I hape been on my CPAP for over 2 years AND I STILL HATE IT! I'm more sleepy in the day than ever before.  The CPAP wakes me 2 - 3 times a night.  If it isn't the condensation built up in the hose and starting to gurgle, the condensation builds up in my nose pillows and goes into my sinuses when I roll over.  I hate it, I hate it, I hate it! About half the time I turn it on and pressure immediately builds in my ear. I remove the pillow, pop my ear, try again, and repeat several more times.  Have I told you I hate my CPAP?
(deactivated member)
on 11/10/12 11:49 am - OR

You can try a TAP appliance made by your dentist. It keeps your mandible in a forward position while you sleep so your airways are more open. It's great!! 

Call your dentist or check us out. 

Mercedes R. Del Valle, DDS 

388 High Street 

Eugene OR 97401

(541)341-1404

Jen V.
on 11/11/12 3:38 am - Waterford Township, MI
RNY on 06/29/12

It does get better. I used the nasal mask just fine. BUT, about a month after my surgery, I lost so much weight, I had to stop using it because it was choking me. I went in for a sleep study, but passed out before they could do it and got rushed to the ER, so I got rescheduled for December. If you can, just turn the humidity on it up until you are comfortable with it. For me, if  I turned it up too high, it made my nose run. 3-4 was good.

BWB
on 11/11/12 5:54 am

I failed CPAP.  It was so annoying that 6 months after going through every style of mask they make I turned it in.  I can sleep with the mild sleep apnea that I had, I couldn't sleep with it.  

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 213 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 346 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 226 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 213 views