One more week till surgery

DebbieH2011
on 5/4/11 10:22 am - CA
My doctor's office called and they had a cancellation so now I have 6 more days till surgery.  I am scared and happy and all at the same time.  Any advice is welcome!
sunpat41
on 5/4/11 10:39 am
I understand your feelings as I am going through the same thing my surgery is next tuesday also
                        HW 250/ SW 246 CW 137

dromom
on 5/4/11 11:36 am
I am 9 days post op and I can honestly tell you that it is the best thing that I have done.  This is coming from the girl who put it off for almost 2 years because "I didn't need to do that".  I think the night before surgery is when I kind of "spooked" myself but went in the next morning, had surgery, woke up and thought here we go!  I can't tell you how looking forward I am to having my old self back and I wish you nothing but the best!

Amy
shida1129
on 5/4/11 12:08 pm - Homestead, FL

Hi Debbie,
I am  having surgery next Tuesday as well.  I completely understand what your going through.  I went into a frenzy last week.  But really after all this time, numerous Dr. appt. and fighting the insurance,  I know that this is the right choice for me. I am keeping really busy.  You have to believe that you have more to offer.  I am a very active person and well...my body didn't agree with me anymore.  I really cant wait until I regain my old self back.  Feeling nervous is part of the process.  Embrace that your appreciating everyone and everything around you and have faith in your decision and most of all KEEP BUSY.  Good Luck.

Jeannie

regina71
on 5/4/11 12:39 pm
Congratulations on your day finally arriving!  I am about 4 1/2 - 5 months out now.
Pack loose comfortable clothing, you won't want something rubbing on your incision.  I didnt wear anything but a night gown for the first week when at home, but you have to dress 'normal' when you leave the hospital. ;) 

Chapstick!  I would have killed for chapstick the first day and hubby brought me some in.  Be sure to tell the nurses if you are in pain, before it gets unbearable, you want a nice even dose of pain meds.   Walk, walk walk.  They will want you see you walking and getting up as much as possible, to know you are able to do this and will be ok to leave the hospital.

Don't forget your toothbrush! 

I hope your surgery goes well.  You are on your way to Onederland!
PYAMMA
on 5/6/11 3:43 pm - NC

I am having my surgery also on 5/10. Really can't wait to get the next chapter in my life going. Good luck to all, & please keep us in your prayers.   

PJ

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 211 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 345 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 223 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?