major increase in flatulence... tmi

patrickh
on 5/16/11 1:04 am - Dayton, OH
Ok I've been a little more gassy since I've had RNY and I read that can be normal.   But lately it has increased drematically and smell horrible.

The only diet changes I can think of is I added a different D3, B12 and an additional iron from Vitalady.   But I was already all of those vitamins - just changed the source.

I've tried eating more yogurt and added some probotics this morning to try to get things balanced.

It's been going on about a  week.

Any thoughts?

Patrick

Highest 406 / Surgery 391 / Lowest 196 / Current 219

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/16/11 1:22 am
Sometimes extra fat will cause that.  I know that happened to me once I increased fat intake. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

hedrider
on 5/16/11 5:56 am - Midlothian, TX
Think excess fats, excess sugar alcohols or lactose intolerance.  Any changes in those areas?
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

patrickh
on 5/16/11 1:08 pm - Dayton, OH
 probably fats - dont eat much in the way of sugar alcohols and drink soy/lactaid to help with lactose.  I've been hit and miss on tracking my intake the last few weeks that's why i can pinpoint it.

been eating more fruit and fiber - I know fiber can give you some gas

LORI S.
on 5/16/11 10:28 am
I had more before I had my gallbladder out. It seems to have quieted down a bit since. May just be coincidence
patrickh
on 5/16/11 1:06 pm - Dayton, OH
 gallbladder came out with my RNY

patrickh
on 5/24/11 6:09 am - Dayton, OH
I did some reading and cut back on Soy milk and I think that was it. 

Faith M.
on 6/7/11 5:20 am - madison, AL
I've been going crazy trying to figure out the cause!  I thought it was dairy so I cut that out.  then I thought it was sugar alcohol so I have almost eliminated that.  then I thought it was regular sugar so I'm trying to eliminate that.  I had my RNY in Dec 2009.  This has gotten worse the last 8 months or so since I've been eating more "normal" food.  Just when I think I've figured it out, something else seems to be the cause.  I think I'll try the flat-d pads because the smell is about to drive me insane sometimes.  It is SOOOO embarrassing!  I'm interested in any other ideas of what it could be.  I avoid soy and dairy now.
Most Active