Breakfast ideas please!!!

bizzymommi
on 5/24/11 8:03 pm - CA
Over the last 2 weeks I have gotten into a horrible habit of skipping breakfast. I'm waking up later so in the mad rush to get my kids ready, fed, myself dressed breakfast for me has taken a backseat. Trust me, I know I need to wake up earlier but at this point I'm being held hostage by my body :) I just want something fast, with as much protein as possible. And just let me say, I cant eat any kind of greek yogurt without gagging so that's out.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3ulili/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w3ulili/s-weight.png[/img]
[/url]

deborahgalek31
on 5/24/11 8:57 pm
Egg Beaters in the microwave topped with salsa - Add a little unflavored fiber powder to the mix before cooking to add that fullness to it.

Protein drink...made the night before or purchased premade...again, add the unflavored fiber powder to it

1 peice of double fiber, whole wheat bread toasted with a little bit of no sugar jam or I can't believe it's not butter light

An apple or banana with some lowfat cheese and a glass of milk

High fiber cereal in a baggy, eat it on the way to work!

Can you do regular yogurt?  It's just as good as Greek, just less protein.

Cottage cheese with SF syrup in it (pineapple or strawberries pureed and added to it is good also)

Hope this helps!

Live Long and Prosper  \ V / ,
Debbie
Tammy H.
on 5/24/11 10:33 pm - Greenville, OH
How about a bowl of oatmeal?  I get the kind in the pouches and all you have to do is add water, but I use 1 % milk in mine...Sometimes I also add some fresh fruit, or just a small spoon of peanut butter and cinnamon to it...I'm not big on yogurt either, I find it nasty...

Maybe some low fat cheese and low fat wheat thin crackers.

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

Denise B.
on 5/24/11 11:09 pm - Binghamton, NY
How about making a quiche (no crust)?  I use eggs, ham, onions, cream cheese, peppers, then just before it comes out of oven, I sprinkle with shred cheddar cheese and let it melt.  If you make this ahead of time, just cut into squares and re-heat in microwave.  Hubby even takes time for this quick breakfast. 
Get a dream, make it yours, and let no one steal it!
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Highest weight 285, day of surgery 265, current weight 209, and holding steady.

(deactivated member)
on 5/24/11 11:19 pm - TX
I had my surgery two days before you. I've been eating alot of egg white omelettes with onion, green pepper, spinach leaves, tomato and salsa. If I don't have time to cook I stop at Subway and get the english muffin with egg white, pepperjack cheese and all the veggies on it, toasted. Then when I get to work I throw out the muffin and eat the egg whites with everything stuffed between it like a sandwich. I've also had whole grain oatmeal and throw in a teaspoon of peanut butter. I do greek yogurt but I only like certain kinds that are a bit creamier.
cindigirl72
on 5/24/11 11:34 pm, edited 5/24/11 11:34 pm
I have become addicted to BetterOats Oat Fit.  It is an instant oatmeal, but it's whole grain,  sweetened with Splenda.  It is 100 calories, 2 gm fat, and 4g protein per packet.

nancybugg
on 5/24/11 11:54 pm - Riverview, FL
I've been making Nik's Portion Controlled Protein Cheesecakes on the weekends.  I double the recipe so I have 8 individual cakes ready for breakfast!  They are so delicious and with the ingredients I use they have 23 grams of protein per cake!  Here's the link - this is a lifesaver for me.  I hate waking up in the morning and cooking.  I just want to grab something and eat it!

http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/2010/11/dessert-week-offering-5-niks-portion.html
jillbhappy
on 5/25/11 2:14 am - Oceanside, CA
Cottage cheese with fresh fruit and truvia to sweeten. 28 grams of protien. I eat this almost every day.
Jill
Surgery date 2/8/10
Start weight 264

Nothing Great Was Ever Achieved Without Enthusiasm!     
busy_blond
on 5/25/11 12:32 pm - Tyler, TX
I like activia lite vanilla yogurt with 1/2 c. of Kashi go lean cereal mixed in it. it's really fast and has lots of protein and  between the fiber and probiotics, it helps keep me regular if you know what I mean. LOL
Leann

Jessica H.
on 5/25/11 2:15 pm
I have two morningstar veggie sausage patties (20 grams protein) and an orange or some melon.
Surgery Date: 11/22/2010  
13 pounds lost before surgery not included in tracker below

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 275 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 245 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 368 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 203 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?