Numbness after surgery?

Melly_Belly
on 5/26/11 12:38 pm - WI
I'm 3 days out and have had total numbness in a small area on my right knee that I've had since surgery. When I pointed it out to the nurse at the hospital, she didn't seem to think it was anything to worry about.

Anyone else have numbness on their leg/knee? If so, how long did it last and was it anything too serious?

Thanks!

Surgery Date: May 23, 2011

HW: 307.9 SW: 299.5 CW: 181.8 GW: 155

Grace M.
on 5/26/11 1:26 pm - Fort Hood, TX
I am a month out and i have numbness in my legs and in my hands sometimes. I told the nurse also but she did not seem worried she said i could be laying on my hands wrong or i could be pinching a nerve when i sit down that is why my feet go that way. it is not all the time but just when i go to the bathroom (sorry tmi) and sometimes when i sit up to long n bed. sorry i know this did not help much but to let you know you are not alone.
HW 375/ SW 311/ CW 242/ GW 150

Melly_Belly
on 5/26/11 1:41 pm - WI
No, it is helpful to know it's not just me; although this isn't something that's coming and going. It's been constant since surgery. But the explanations you got for your predicament could also explain mine.

Thanks!

Surgery Date: May 23, 2011

HW: 307.9 SW: 299.5 CW: 181.8 GW: 155

unewillow
on 5/26/11 2:18 pm - CT
It could be how you were positioned on the operating table as well. The way or amount of time you were laying on your back could have pinched a nerve.

mjdenco
on 5/26/11 2:23 pm

I had numbness in my thigh/quad. Dr. said it was likely a pinched nerve from laying on the OR table. Dr. said 6-8 weeks... sure enough. He was right. No issues after a month or so out. Sure made me paranoid though...
CharityJean
on 5/26/11 11:50 pm - FL
My right thigh is numb too! And i was told the same thing. My surgery was on the 16th of may im still numb and somtimes i get sharp pains around the numb area in my sleep. Hope it goes away soon! I can still only sleep on my back ,so that dosnt help much. i figure once i can sleep on my side it will probably start to go away
mjdenco
on 5/27/11 1:52 pm

I was getting that and pretty severe cramps too. I popped an extra strength tylenol and used a heating pad to keep the muscle loose. I even kept my leg on a pillow.

Good Luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics