Ice Water makes me ill??

Prettybrowneyezz
on 6/1/11 11:56 pm - PA
Wow, this is a weird one.. I noticed every time I drink cold or ice water my pouch pitches a fit!  Is this a normal experience w/ anyone else??    Also, chicken is the same way.. I chew the crap out of it and it doesn't sit well on my pouch.
Bill B.
on 6/2/11 12:06 am - NJ
I am the opposite. I can't drink water or anything unless it's in a glass of ice. I can't figure it....

Carrie W.
on 6/2/11 12:07 am - KY
Oh yes! Sometimes ice water doesn't sit well. Sometimes hot things don't sit well. Sometimes tea doesn't sit well. It is weird. It's gotten better as I'm getting farther from surgery.

If really cold makes you sick, try room temp or slightly warm. I've always been able to tolerate room temp liquids.

You might try papaya enzyme to help the chicken sit better. Or just wait until you're further out and try it again.

Good luck!!
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

Vivian Prouty
on 6/2/11 12:09 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Lots of people have problems with cold liquids for some time after their WLS.    And chicken is one of the meats that most have major problems with because it is easy to cook it and get it too dry.    If you are eating or trying breasts....switch to thighs or legs and maybe even a rotisserie chicken.    If it still doesn't sit well with you.....wait a month or so and try it again.    I rarely ate chicken for over a year post op.   I have problems with smoked foods and I am almost 6 yrs. post op.   Good luck and just keep trying things and if they don't work for you.....wait a while and then try them again.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

cajungirl
on 6/2/11 12:11 am

Six years out and ice water is still iffy.  I usually drink water at room temperature. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

nancybugg
on 6/2/11 12:20 am - Riverview, FL
I'm 9 months out and plain water at any tempature makes me sick to my stomach.  I can drink cold Crystal Lite, but can't do cold water.  You are not alone!  Chicken made me very sick in the beginning, but I'm much better with it now.
SavingGrace
on 6/2/11 6:08 am
Didnt see this post until a minute ago and had posted my own, but i can not stand water, hot, cold, room temp, doesnt matter. As long as I put something in it I'm fine, but just plain water, my pouch throws a fit!! And I love water :( I try daily hoping for different results!

Sasrah1972
on 6/2/11 1:12 am - NY
Yes, I feel the same way. But I have noticed that if I have a sip of warm water first to "warm up" my pouch I am OK and can sip colder water.
Sasrah
RNY 5.17.11

Wishmeluck123
on 6/2/11 1:24 am
Sasrah - I have my original surgery in 2001 w/ Alfonse Pomp - He is a great doctor! I had to have a revision this year, I do not think it has anything to do w/ him.....just time that passed and has some issues w/ my pouch. I loved him!!!!!
Melissa~ 

Acceptance means that you can find the serenity within to let go of the past with its mistakes and regrets, move into the future with a new perspective, and appreciate the opportunity to take a second chance!

Wishmeluck123
on 6/2/11 1:22 am
Hmmmmm.....chicken I can understand as for the ice water Im lost. I can only drink things that are ice cold......(however, I still love my morning java)......I would listen to your body and stay clear away from ice cold drinks for now.....Why upset your tummy. Chicken, however, can be so tricky. Try dipping it into something or eat it was some lettuce (if you are at that stage)....should make it slide down easier....If not stick to fish like tilapia or flounder, that always works easy! Good luck!!
Melissa~ 

Acceptance means that you can find the serenity within to let go of the past with its mistakes and regrets, move into the future with a new perspective, and appreciate the opportunity to take a second chance!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 163 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views