i ate a few forkfuls of cake

berrixblonde
on 6/9/11 9:34 am - NY
so i come home after school and the house is empty and quiet...and on the table is a doggie bag box. i open the box and find carrot cake inside. and i ate 3/4 fork fulls of it. i feel satisfied, but mind you this is comming from somebody who has not touched a refined carbohydrate since surgery on 3/14. the farthest ive gotten is 2 wheat crackers with tuna...hmm. just felt the need to come clean about it because i know its wrong but seeing as i had rny for metabolic issues and can step away from the huge piece of cake...i dont know how to feel! 

thanks for listening~nicole
MariaIsHappy
on 6/9/11 9:47 am
Nicole.
You've come clean... and its done and over with.... don't beat yourself up...
we are human and we all fall... get up brush yourself off, tomorrow is another day

xoxo Maria

D-J
on 6/9/11 11:37 am
i am just glad it didn't make you sick ,carrot cake has alot of sugar in it. Me ?i would look at it as i've dodged a bullet but i wouldn't press my luck i hate throwing up, Marie is right,,tomorrow is another day,don't beat yourself up about it ,,that will just lead to stress and stess for us folk is never a good thing, 
fatfreemama
on 6/9/11 1:07 pm - San Jose, CA
 So you had a little cake, it's not the end of the world.  I have cake too, only I find I'm now satisfied with a forkful of my husband's cake instead of a huge slice of my own.  I don't see where there is a problem with an occasional treat.  I don't think I could live the rest of my life being a "saint".  If I was able to be, I never would have gotten huge to begin with.  But I feel so much more in control now instead of food controlling me.  I think there is no such thing as a "bad" food, just moderation and working things into your plan.  THere are food I no longer choose to eat, but I don't want to give food status anymore like good and bad.  It's just food and there are healthy choices and not so healthy choices.  As long as you are making healthy choices most of the time, you will be fine.

Jan
Bay to Breakers 12K May 15, 2011 (1:54:40)           First 5K 5/23/11 (41:22)
Half Marathons: Napa:  7/18/10  (4:11:21)   7/17/11 (3:30:58)   7/15/12  (3:13:11.5) 

SJ Rock and Roll: 10/2/10 (3:58:22)  Run Surf City: 2/6/11 (3:19:54) 
                         Diva: 5/6/12 (3:35:00) 
HW/SW/CW  349/326/176
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein

rbednarski
on 6/9/11 4:22 pm
RNY on 04/23/10 with
It isn't the end of the world and it doesn't make you a bad person.  But it was a bad choice and it can go two different ways.  For some folks they just acknowledge to themself that it was a bad choice and resolve to not make that bad choice again.  For some folks they view it as "I did this and nothing terrible happened" and it leads them to make more bad choices.  The fact that you say you need to come clean because you know it is wrong shows that you fall more into the first camp  Which is good because ultimately it is the successful camp.  You don't want to re-awaken the cravings.  The road to perdition starts with a single step  But so long as you avoid the second (and subsequent) steps you will be fine.

Stay strong - you can do it!

Highest ever: 390    Weight at 1st appt.: 365   Weight at surgery: 346

Pamela S.
on 6/9/11 11:12 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Oh bad, bad you... ;0)  Don't worry about it. I have this two bite rule, and that is, I can have 2 bites of anything bad. It will not kill you. Relax sweetie you'll be fine.
Paul C.
on 6/9/11 11:58 pm - Cumming, GA
Well now you have done it!  you broke your RNY buy being human! Shame Shame Shame!

Or

So what, you did something that is perfectly human in nature.  Would you have felt better depriving yourself until you could no longer hold back and then it a whole piece?  The reality is that they did surgery and changed the way your stomach works not your brain.  You recognized what you did you didn't do it to excess.  Should you have acted differently?  well that is up to you to decide, but simply acknowledging and accepting what you have done I see as progress on your journey.

I hope it was yummy!

PS. It was carrot cake so at least you got some veggies too .
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04