Hardest Part?

Stephanie M.
on 6/12/11 1:45 pm - Los Angeles, CA
 Thank you all for responding! 
Hearing what to expect will definately help, I'm sure! I hope after surgery, it gets easier, cause right now I'm so hungry, even my dog is starting to look enticing!! 

Kim26- I understand your struggle! I used to sit down to an episode of "Friends" and a pile of junk food each night. Have you found good activities and habits to replace those with? I think this may be my hardest struggle as well!!

Tracy M.- I am sorry to hear about your depression, but I can say that I have been there as well. I have the habit of binge eating (or at least I did before I started my pre-op liquids 3 days ago) and letting go of food is a tough battle. But if you look at all you have accomplished, it is inspiring! You lost a HUGE chunk of weight before you even began this surgery, and now you have lost 47 more pounds! Don't dwell on the slight gain you had after the gallbladder surgery, you lost it already! So give yourself a break (I know that can be hard advice sometimes) but congratulate yourself, and realize you have taken a lot of steps towards becoming healthier and happier. The closer you get to your weight goals, the more the depression will lift. So don't give up! You are doing great! You are an inspiration!

Steph
Ladytazz
on 6/12/11 2:56 pm
 I can't remember it being terribly hard.  I did have terrible buyers remorse and I was very upset when I found out my surgeon removed my remnant stomach.  I knew there would be no going back.  I used to fantasize about getting my stomach put back together and having a smaller sleeve instead of a pouch.  I thought having a pouch would be the worst thing in the world but it really hasn't been bad at all.  I tolerate everything I have tried and honestly don't notice much of a difference except I get satisfied easier.  I do dump but I consider that a plus because it gives me that much of an incentive to stay away from sugar.
In the beginning I missed being able to eat whatever I wanted in whatever quanity I wanted but now that I eat more normally I don't miss pigging out at all.
It is also hard in the beginning before you get the real benefits of the weight loss.  I felt that I was eating so little and I was still so fat.  Now that I have the weight off I don't feel bad about not being able to eat as much as I used to.  It was hard waiting for the weight loss.  I wanted it now!

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

newtintn
on 6/12/11 4:35 pm - TN
 For me I think its the fact that you have to eat even when youre not hungry. I have not been physically hungry since I woke up in post op at the hospital. I have had head hunger, but if you were to put those things I think of in my heat in front of me and say "here eat this"...aint no way in hell I could, or would even want to. But your body has to have fuel therefore I have to eat and its just hard for me to eat when im not hungry. Plus for hte last 3 wks or so Ive had a REALLY hard time with food feeling like it gets "stuck" or like I have a HUGE gas bubble in my chest after every bite of food and a lot of times after my drinks too. That makes me not want to eat even more...Im supposed to get 70 to 80 g of protein a day...I MIGHT get 1/2 that...and 64 oz of water...HA! I might get 30 if im lucky. Ive told my Dr whom i cant stand, ive had an EGD too...he has no answers, EGD came back fine. Im told it will pass and try ot make the best of it. I hope it does pass soon because it drives me nuts and im afraid my thick hair will soon start falling out and I jsut dont know how Ill handle that. Im not a very vain person but when it comes to my hair, I am. I wish you luck though, its a marvelous thing this WLS ...even with all my issues and the aggravation id do this surgery again 10 times over. Im down apx 65 lbs since my preop diet 9 wks ago and i feel GREAT, lookgin better and am about to buy my SECOND round of "getting skinnier" clothes lol. The ones I bought 3 wks ago are already too big! Thank god for plus size consignment stores lol

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 233 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 108 views
Recent Topics