6 weeks out, I want a bite of a hamburger and a salad

Prettybrowneyezz
on 6/13/11 5:54 am - PA
Ok, I'm 6 weeks post op and I really want a bite of a cheese burger..  Has anyone tried a hamburger 6 weeks out and what was the outcome?    How about salad??
Ashley K.
on 6/13/11 6:05 am
Do you think you could satisfy your craving with baked turkey meatballs? 

I still dont eat salad or even lettuce, the closest I get is the occasional bite of spinach.

psx chelly
on 6/13/11 6:10 am

What does your plan / sugeon / nutritionist say youre allowed to eat?

If your allowed, then go for it..

I eat a little salad if the lettuce is shredded.. but I am father along then you.. I still cant do ground beef, but I can do ground turkey breast, and ground chicken breast.

Dee2011
on 6/13/11 6:12 am - PA
I am 8 weeks out.  I have been eating morning star veggie burgers for the past 2-3 weeks.  I have been eating turkey meatballs since I was 4 weeks out.  Salad I had a little taste at about 4 weeks and have small salads for the last two weeks.  I just take it slow and easy.  My latest salad has had mixed greens, tomato, chickpeas,red beets, yellow pepper asparagus and feta cheese with a sprinkling of Ken's light ceasar dressing.  I've had no problems.  Good Luck.
nomoresugar
on 6/13/11 6:13 am
If you have been cleared for 'all foods' a bite of cheeseburger would be ok, without the bun it will be easier to eat.  Add new foods with care, to be sure something isn't going to make you sick.  Salad, be careful to chew, romaine or spinach would be much better than iceburg, and be very careful to not overeat-it can happen really fast.

If you have not been released for all foods, hang tight.  If you eat too early, you can hurt yourself.
(deactivated member)
on 6/13/11 6:31 am - Boston, MA
 I had a grilled hamburger last night.. home made burgers with onion,cheese,mushrooms.. I ate the patty no bun.. it was delish.  If your plan allows you then go for it.. nothing wrong with lean ground beef.  I am cleared for salad and although I have been wanting one for some reason I haven't actually had one yet.. this week I will!
gochristy1971
on 6/13/11 6:33 am - CA
I was 10 weeks out before I ate much lettuce.  But, I did not have a problem with it once I started.

As for cheeseburgers...I won't do it.  It was a huge issue for me pre-op--cheeseburgers and pizza, and I don't want to go down that road again.

That said, it would be better if you made your own instead of have fast-food type.  And skip the bread/bun/whatever....
Christy
Weights: Surgery 317 Current 242 GW ???
pamkb
on 6/13/11 7:13 am - Crestview, FL
I was cleared for salad at 6 weeks and have one just about everyday for lunch with leftover protein from night before.  But I don't use iceberg lettuce.  I buy the spring mix which is more tender 'baby lettuces & spinach.  I just make sure there are no tough spines in my bowl.  My salad is only the spring mix (1 cup), 2 grape tomatoes and 1/8 cup shredded cheese.  I don't do well with many raw veggies.

I am only now getting comfortable with ground meats and only do well with lean ground round or sirloin, anything else is to chewy and fatty for me and sits like a brick.  However, I do enjoy a 3 oz ground turkey breast burger off the grill with melted cheese - YUM!

I am creating my own revolution and PAMdemonium reigns!

RNY 11/16/2010

SW 270, CW 155, GW 135

1st 5k time 40:34 (Dec 2013)

newtintn
on 6/13/11 7:57 am - TN
 As yummy and deilsh as they are...and oh how they are lol...WHY would you do that to yourself? One bite is going to make you want another bite and then another and then youre back to where you were before surgery. Im not trying to be nasty, just saying that cheeseburgers are one thing that got us all here...I would do a turkey burger patty, maybe ad a little worsteshire sauce and garlic powder, i like mine with avacado. and provolone cheese...DELI****ons of protein too. Cant eat a whole one so i end up wtih two meals out of it. 

shirleyfhoffman
on 6/13/11 8:22 am - CA
I will be  weeks out tomorrow and just got cleared for stage 4 foods. I ate 1 bite of romaine lettuce with a piece of tomato from my garden, shredded cheese, & light ranch dressing with my dinner the other night. It was great! I also ate 1oz of grilled steak with the juice, 2 pieces of shrimp, & 3 sauteed mushrooms. I haven't tried ground meat yet, but the ground meatballs or turkey burgers sound great!

HW:340 SW: 292 CW:164 GW: 140-130

Most Active
Recent Topics