Exercise

Rebecca H.
on 6/15/11 1:14 pm
I hate exercising but I've got to do it to get this weight off.  I don't want to be one of the ones that fail.  I want to succeed but I don't want to have to exercise.  How can I get myself into exercising?   I have a tread mill but I hate walking on it.  I would rather mow my grass and kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Anyone else feel like this ?  How did  you get back into exercising ?  I'm afraid of going to see the doctor in 2 months and not losing hardly anything because I don't exercise.   Help....
fatfreemama
on 6/15/11 1:31 pm - San Jose, CA
First take one step in front of another. Next, find something you like to do. It's getting nice out. Is there someone you can take a walk with 2-3 times a week? Maybe try a dance class. I take tap once a week with friends. When I was starting, I signed up with Team Challenge to do a half marathon. There are all sorts of organized exercise groups and they love beginners. It's very motivating to have something to work towards. Personally, I HATE the dreadmill, but love my elliptical. I watch DVDs when I'm on it.

Good luck.
Jan
Bay to Breakers 12K May 15, 2011 (1:54:40)           First 5K 5/23/11 (41:22)
Half Marathons: Napa:  7/18/10  (4:11:21)   7/17/11 (3:30:58)   7/15/12  (3:13:11.5) 

SJ Rock and Roll: 10/2/10 (3:58:22)  Run Surf City: 2/6/11 (3:19:54) 
                         Diva: 5/6/12 (3:35:00) 
HW/SW/CW  349/326/176
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein

Rebecca H.
on 6/15/11 1:49 pm
 Thank you Jan.  You are right....I need to put one foot in front of the other.  I have no one to walk with.  I work on the 6th floor and I was thinking about climbing the stairs to work.   I lack the funds to join a dance class but I can dance at home to music.  I use to go dancing all the time when I was younger and you can burn calories.   It's too hot/humid to walk outside but I need to remember that my exercising doesn't have to be walking.  Thank you for the advise.   
deborahgalek31
on 6/15/11 8:57 pm
I mix it up, something different every day!  Zumba, Taebo, Wii games (like just dance, or Gold's gym cardio workout), Leslie Sansone, Biggest Loser...all of which I do at home!  I searched Youtube for Zumba routines and saved them to my favorites.  I also mow the lawn, swim, go out to Zumba classes, and have sex...yes, I use sex as a cardio workout!:)

The trick is not to overwork or get bored...if you overwork, you'll feel as if exercise is work and not want to do it.  Give yourself a day off here and there too...You'll get it!  I'm up to 1 to 2 hours almost every day!

Live Long and Prosper  \ V / ,
Debbie
Melissalove3
on 6/15/11 11:04 pm - Portland, OR
Exercise is a funny thing, I think once you find something you like and you START, it takes on a life of its own.  I also think that once you start loosing weight you become more active, and you find more ways of getting in exercise.  There is nothing wrong with mowing your lawn, gardening,etc as far as exercise but, I would throw 30 minutes of walking into the mix a couple of times a week. You will be amazed as to how you feel when you start moving.

tonimariel
on 6/16/11 3:42 pm
You should watch the show "Biggest Loser Edition" to get you inspire to do exercising. Exercising is one of the key to lose a lot of weights. But with your narration, i think you should try the yoga. It's more easier than usual exercise. Right? Plus! Takes a lot of glasses of water everday. As its proven effective too to help lose weight. And you can also take natural weight loss supplements (not diet pills) Have you heard about the supplement Slender Factor? If not, try to research that for you to be able to discover in yourself how this supplement can really helps you a lot in your goal of losing weight. Goodluck to you!
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 453 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 414 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Forum Search Error & 404