Poll: The hardest thing vs. the easiest thing

gochristy1971
on 6/16/11 3:41 am - CA
When they told me I would not be able to drink with meals, and no carbonation, I thought that would be the HARDEST thing for me to get used to.  Not so.  Mainly because if I drink too soon after eating, it hurts.  Also, even two fingers of carbonated beverage made my tummy hurt.  So, that has been pretty easy.  The hardest part for me has been dealing with the emotions that I was not dealing with properly before.  I wish I knew the answer, but so far, the best I've been able to come up with is to just feel whatever I feel and be with the feeling in the moment.

You?
Christy
Weights: Surgery 317 Current 242 GW ???
Cleopatra_Nik
on 6/16/11 3:44 am - Baltimore, MD
Hardest: Not listening to the seductive musings of the Pharoahess Cleopatra (head hunger/cravings/compulsion to eat/food addiction)

Easiest: I think I share yours. It wasn't hard for me to stop eating/drinking together. It also wasn't hard for me to adapt to a fitness routine.
jmelyn1977
on 6/16/11 4:03 am
Hardest :  Taking my vitamins... Yes, I clearly understand the importance of them... That still doesn't make me take them any easier.  I struggle everyday!!!  And unfortunately I take them just 75% time.

Easiest :
NO longer wanting to eat all the time.   
shirleyfhoffman
on 6/16/11 4:03 am - CA
For me, the easiest thing was having the surgery. I was SO worried that it would hurt and I would wake up regretting it. Compared to all of the emotional stuff, the surgery was a piece of cake!

The hardest part so far has been waiting for the stall to end and not freaking out because I knew it was coming.

Another thing I am having trouble with is how my husband is reacting to my changing body. He has been coming up behind me while I'm cooking & hugging me from behind. He'll rub my neck and shoulders while I'm sitting down. He pats my butt when I walk by him. And things in the bedroom are AMAZING! The thing I am having trouble with is that he never did those things when I was 340 pounds. Sometimes I feel like he's cheating on me with the skinnier me. Sometimes I get mad because I've always been the big girl and I'm finding out that he's attracted to the thinner me. Then other times, I feel more confident and proud of myself. I am proud of all the hard work I've done and I love the changes I am starting to see, so I know I can't be mad at him when he notices the same things too.

HW:340 SW: 292 CW:164 GW: 140-130

curvaceousdiva
on 6/16/11 4:04 am - Hyattsville, MD
hardest is working out/today is my FIRST day in a gym.. NEVER exercised post op.. getting used to being small, and eating while drinking
easiest is was not eating..
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
Cleopatra_Nik
on 6/16/11 4:19 am - Baltimore, MD
I personally think you are a bit too good at the not eating part.

I wish some days that I had your indifference to food.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Kelly S.
on 6/17/11 2:20 am
Pick me!  Me too, where do we sign up for that part?

20 pounds lost during two week pre-op diet.

CdnGal
on 6/16/11 4:05 am - Canada
Hardest: Slowing down

Easiest: getting in the exercise
azreggie
on 6/16/11 4:07 am - Tucson, AZ
The easiest thing for me is taking my vitamins.  I never thought I could navigate it, but I've got it down now, and my labs have been steller.

The hardest things are not listen to the "head hunger" messages and getting my happy ass to the gym.  I do it, I work out 5 days a week on a good week, three on a not so good week, but its still hard.  I wish I could get the work out obsession, just a little.

Reggie

Mary B.
on 6/16/11 4:08 am - Southern, MD
Hardest:
Giving up ice cream. I think I finally have it thru my thick skull that it makes me SICK.
Cooking too much. I still think Im cooking for an army.
Feeling like I need bread with every meal. That will take a lifetime to overcome.
Sweets and Junk like chips...
Exercise. Im just friggin lazy.
STALLS. Ive been stuck for the last 3 months :*(

Easiest:
I havent totally given up eating and drinking. I will have a sip if I need to, but I dont have a whole glass. In the very beginning, I found it helpful to add fruit to my meals for the moisture.
Taking Vitamins
Getting my protein in
Going out to eat. Im surprised how easy it is to go out to eat and find something good on the menu (tastes good as well as a good choice)
Giving up fried, greasy food was VERY easy. Makes me sick to think about it.
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?