Feeling SO much better today!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/30/11 5:27 am - OH
I am feeling SO much better today... not only because the little bit of pain I was still having yesterday (left over from the severe pain episode of late last week) is completely gone, but also because I feel such a sense of relief knowing that Dr Muth is "looking out for me" not only by being medically thoughtful and prudent but also by being compassionate enough to understand how much this intermittent pain has been affecting the quality of my life... and by NOT making me feel like I was making too big a deal out of it.

I am a little nervous knowing that the next time it gets really bad I will be going into "emergency" surgery (and not knowing whether I will wake up with lap incisions or something larger... and whether or not the problem will actually be solved), but I gave my two managers at work a "heads up" about the situation and they were both very supportive and told me not to worry about work (OR about the manager in Chicago who is, well, less understanding... that they would deal with him).

Now, if I could just get everything resolved with the insurance claim for the hail damage to my roof, siding, and gutter helmets... and could find a new therapist....   {sigh}

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

azurepenguin
on 6/30/11 5:38 am - Arlington, TX
 Glad to know you are feeling better!  

My hernia repair last year was supposed to be lap...it ended up open and that wasn't even a worry that had crossed my mind.  I'll send positive thoughts your way that you remain okay!
Jenn
aka: Genevieve in the SCA
         Shyama as a American Tribal (belly dance) performer  

lynnc99
on 6/30/11 5:50 am
One thing at a time!!!

Seriously, I am glad to hear the doc (1) listened and (2) responded and that you are pleased with the direction he wants to go. Of course, hope that it isn't too serious a situation for you, but I know it's been going on for some time.

By comparison, the roof and siding? Small stuff.
Lisa R.
on 6/30/11 6:22 am - CA
I have seen you post about this a few times.  I am happy to hear that things are getting better for you.  I just wanted to share this one thing.

A good friend had a Fobi Pouch done about a year ago.  In March she started having issues with the same pain you are describing.  She went in and they did all these test and found nothing.  Finally they had to do exploratory surgery and they found that her bowels had moved (with all the weight loss) up under her stomach and twisted a bit, but not enough to totally stop the flow so they could not see it on the tests.  

She had 3 surgeries to correct the problem but is doing well now.  You are so much father out then she was but that kind of pain sounds like something to take really serious.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
2tired2befat
on 6/30/11 6:23 am - Spring Hill, TN
I'm so glad you are feeling better. 

Cleopatra_Nik
on 6/30/11 6:25 am - Baltimore, MD
Glad you're feeling better, Lora.

It is good to know your medical team is looking out for you. So many times you feel like another patient on the conveyor belt.

Hugs.
_Donna_
on 6/30/11 6:32 am
I'm so glad you are feeling better!
I wish you luck with the insurance company. If they pay you and not the company that does the work, the trick may be to get high estimates and then when it comes down to getting all the work done, find someone to do it cheap.
Stephanie M.
on 6/30/11 6:40 am - Los Angeles, CA
 Lora,
I'm glad you're feeling better! And thankfully it seems as though work is being understanding, so at least that's no added stress! 

ObiMomKenobi
on 6/30/11 6:50 am
So glad you are feeling better! I am happy that you have a doctor that is looking out for you!

Amanda :)

Amy T.
on 6/30/11 8:45 pm - CA
So happy you are feeling better and you have a good plan for the next time it happens.  

As for the other things looming over your head,  one step at a time...  and don't forget to breathe.  ;-)

Best of luck with your health!
Amy
I am ready to be an active participant in my life rather than a spectator...