what am I doing wrong?

toria01
on 7/16/11 6:07 am - Paducah, KY
Any suggestions? I am 7 weeks out and have lost 32 lbs. I feel really depressed and lonely. When I eat food or drink the protein, I get naseous and it doesn't stay down. My chest hurt very much when I try to swallow anything. I take gas x and heart burn meds. I take all of my vitamins and I make sure the protein is the whey protein. I can eat peanut butter on a cracker, jello, and fruit cups and they are ok.but that's all.  I am getting so depressed because I haven't lost anything in about three weeks now. I know there are stalls,I have been exercising more, but get dizzy alot. What am I doing wrong? I just want to run away,,, I don't know what else to try.

CRAZY_BEAUTiFUL
on 7/16/11 6:20 am - Newark, DE
Contact your surgeon, it may be a stricture that isn't allowing the food to go down. If nothing else, your surgeon will do all the tests to make sure there isn't anything physically wrong with you..then they'll either fix what is wrong or help you fix what is wrong. Good luck. I hope everything turns out well. And congratulations on your weight loss! 32 pounds in 7 weeks is great!
toria01
on 7/16/11 6:25 am - Paducah, KY
Thank you for your suggestion. I will make an appointment this coming week.You do think that 32 pounds is ok for seven weeks? I lost it the first few weeks and have been at a stall since then. Do you have to keep down some many calories to loose weight? I feel like I should have lost more by now, but don't have any way of knowing what is ok?

Heather0115
on 7/16/11 6:26 am - CA
OK. First off stop the gasX. The way it works is to bubble up...you do not want this! It makes your pouch (which is located in your chest behind your breast bone) VERY unhappy and causes nausea. I am 13 weeks out and still only take in about 1 cup of any shake, at one time. Are you sipping more than 8 oz of shake?  You may be overfilling your pouch, which will make you throw up. Have you tried string cheese or other cheeses? They seem to work well for me. I eat full fat cheese and my pouch is happy. I do not eat crackers, rice or breads.

Are you on pepsid? this is taken 30 minutes before meals. It has been a great help to me. Mine is prescription, but it is also available over the counter.

Is there a nutritionist connected to your surgeon? You should be speaking to them about these issues. You need to be getting in 70 grams of protein every day to heal and not become malnourished.

As far as the weight loss goes, 32 pounds in 7 weeks is over 4 lbs a week. That is rapid.  A stall can be caused by not drinking enough fluids, not taking in enough protein and not being physically active enough. Are you walking 30 minutes a day? Weight loss without exercise makes for some seriously saggy skin. My surgeon told me that for every 3 pounds of fat I lose, I also lose 1 lb of muscle. By exercising, I build muscle and that will keep me strong and help with firmness.

I understand your feelings of frustration and depression, I have had my own on my short  WLS journey. Check out the website www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com. Shelly has a page of sureed foods and maybe that would be a good place for you to RE-start your food.  Take it slowly.

Good luck.

Heather in San Diego
HW-255, GW-140 CW-141

toria01
on 7/16/11 6:42 am - Paducah, KY
Heather,
Thanks for the web site. I will check it out. I will also get some pepsid and try that. I am walking as much as possible. I was in an auto accident and my foot was crushed by the engine, so walking is a task. When I walk one day,I can't stand on my foot for a couple of days, but I am trying. I thought about an excerise bike. I like the excerise, it helps in many ways. My surgeon started B1 vitamin and zinc, but I'm going to see them again this week. Thanks for the information.
poet_kelly
on 7/16/11 6:34 am - OH
Sounds like you're not getting nearly enough protein, which would explain why you get dizzy a lot.  What does your doc say about only being able to eat those three things?  Have you tried another type of protein, like soy isolate?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

toria01
on 7/16/11 6:46 am - Paducah, KY
I didn't get to go to the last doctor's appointment as one of the children had fallen and I was at the emergency room with him to make sure his leg wasn't broken, (it was only bruised, thank God). When I drink the protein, I get nauseous and it comes right back up. I have tried the soy as well. My cubbard looks like a vitamin store with all of the proteins that I have tried. I will call him this week and see what he says. thanks a lot.
poet_kelly
on 7/16/11 6:49 am - OH
Are you mixing it with milk?  You might be lactose intolerant.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

toria01
on 7/18/11 11:25 am - Paducah, KY
I drink a little milk. I was able to drink milk before the surgery, but I know things are different after the surgery, I will watch it. Thank you for your thoughts.
cate81
on 7/16/11 6:38 am
 If the shakes gross you out try the syntrax nector with crystal light, easier on ur tummy

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 486 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 487 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 358 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 74 views
Recent Topics