SO EXCITED! for my husband

g6cutie408
on 8/1/11 2:52 pm - San Jose, CA
 Today was the first day of my husband's new life.  I am so excited for him and so proud of him.  He finally decided that weight loss surgery was for him.  He used me as a test subject to see if it actually worked or not.  I had my RNY 18 months ago and have lost 140 pounds.  My husband had surgery with the same doctor that performed my surgery so I know he will do great!

I am sitting in the hospital room with him right now feeling guilty cause I want to leave and go eat food. He looks so miserable and I thinking back to how I felt and thinking things to say to him that might help him feel a little better mentally and I keep telling him I love him and that I am so proud of him for making the decision to get healthy.

He has a pretty realistic goal of losing about 100 pounds.  His surgery weight is 337 and he hopes to get down to about 225.

Do the men have any suggestions on what I can do to help him when he gets home?

PJK
on 8/1/11 3:06 pm
My wife did her surgery last year in February 2010 I did mine this year April. She did hers because of medical reasons she is now healthy and lost 143 pounds,  I did mine because I still want to be around for a few more years I started at364 pounds and I am new 254 pounds. It has been very difficult. We men are meat eaters, I now cannot stand meat, just give him soup that is all I like to eat, there is only so many vegetables a man can eat, good luck to you both.
mandajolyn
on 8/1/11 4:26 pm - Tallahassee, FL
That's great! My hubby had his WLS in April, just over a year after mine! I felt the same way you do, he'd be laying there looking pale and miserable and not able to eat and I'd feel bad for eating. He's lucky he's got a live in coach and support system! It helps to have someone close to you who's been through it before.
My DH was against wls being for him until he saw how it's impacted my health and he finally realized he couldn't do it alone and he needed help! It's a big step for someone to realize and admit they need to take the steps to be healthier!
Hope your hubby has a great recovery! It's a life changing experience and to go through it together will make you both stronger!
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 7:16 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Tell your DH to check out the Men's forum on this site;  some really helpful guys, and they don't
pull their punches if there is something that needs to be said, good or bad.

Congratulations!
Most Active
Recent Topics