weight loss slow almost three month post op? what is wrong

Rachael Richardson
on 8/10/11 4:01 am - Alexandria , VA
RNY on 06/20/11 with
As far as I know I am doing everything right....I had surgery 6-20 and was loosing at a fast pace.  Lost 30 lbs and a lot of inches.  My clothes are getting looser and I feel good. 

Frustruation for me is that I have not lost any weight in two weeks.  In reading other posts, I know stalls are common, however, why would I have a stall this early? 

I suffer from nausea everyday and take Zofran twice per day, so some days I am less hungry then others, however, I manage to at least eat some protein.  I wonder if I am getting to many or to little calories?   Any ideas will be appreciated!  I know I have a lot to be thankful for...30 lbs is still alot in two and half months, however, I am just nervous I am doing something wrong or the surgery is not working?!!  I know I am panicking....

I started solids three weeks ago and usually eat the following: 

B- Scoop of protein with 8 oz Soy Slender surgar free soy milk

S- Two Lauging Cow Lite Cheese with three mini melba toast

L-1/2 cup of tofu and steamed brocoli

D- A Cup of Chicken soup with no noodles, love the Pho Vietemese Soups I just throw out the noodles, or a 1/2 cup of turkey chili

S-25 calorie surgar free popcicles

crystal lite lemonade, Gatorade( Sugar Free), water, decaf tea with skim milk

Donna

hisxmorticia
on 8/10/11 4:46 am - FL
youre not even 2 months out yet, our surgeries were the same day. we wont be 2 months until the 20th. ive lost 34lbs. id say we're about right on schedule. my stalls are usually 2 weeks long also, drives me nuts! just keep on plugging along & call your nutritionist or surgeon if youre that concerned, GL.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
wisaluv
on 8/10/11 5:48 am - Pueblo, CO
I had surgery March 29.  I had a 2 week stall week 3-4 and another two week stall around the 2 month mark.  It happens.  It sucks, but it happens.  You just have to stay positive and remember to be conscious about what you eat.  Drink your liquids and exercise.

poet_kelly
on 8/10/11 6:08 am - OH
Why would you have a stall this early?  Because that's how weight loss works.  You can stall at any time.  That does not mean you are doing something wrong and it does not mean your surgery is not working.  Just means you are normal.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

YankeeRose
on 8/10/11 6:15 am - Meadville, PA
My surgery was a day after yours (the 21st) and I have lost 29 lbs and have also been stalled for the past week so I'd say we are right on track with each other. Although I'd like to see the pounds drop quicker, I'd say we are both doing fine.

PS - The stall is driving me nuts but the scale is finally moving again. Hang in there.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

Diana C.
on 8/10/11 6:23 am - Austin, TX
RNY on 06/28/11 with
I wouldn't worry about the amount of calories you are getting but rather the amount of protein.  Since our bodies can't handle large amounts of anything at this point, we need to be mindful to get at least 60-80 g of protein a day.  Oh yeah, and at least 64 oz of water.  Good luck!

Rachael Richardson
on 8/10/11 7:06 am - Alexandria , VA
RNY on 06/20/11 with
Thanks everyone for your support... this is very encourgaging hear! 

Donna

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?