Coming out from lurking... because I have a surgery date!

GoldiesGirl
on 8/18/11 2:14 am
Hi everyone!

I've been poring over these forums for months!  Now I'm coming out to say "hello" to everyone as I start my journey.  I've been morbidly obese for all of adulthood, chubby as a child as well.  Both of my parents have had the RNY and lost 150+ lbs each.  I'm just ecstatic about having this surgery and will be counting the days until September 19th!

So, for now--hello! and I hope to be posting here more frequently now that I'll be part of the game!
Cherylkas
on 8/18/11 2:18 am - PA
 COngrats on getting you date. It will be here before you know it.
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

kellyl1202
on 8/18/11 2:32 am
That's wonderful! I'm having RNY on the 12th of Sept so we'll have the same anniversary month!
Best of luck to you!
Kelly L  
5'ft 1in   RNY 9/12/11
301 HW / 287.7 SW / 216 CW / 150 GW

GoldiesGirl
on 8/18/11 7:04 am
Thanks for the well wishes!  I just got the pre-op instructions from my Dr's office.  I've got to start a specialized diet on 9/5 so it looks like I'll be ordering a supply of protein drinks and vitamins.  I like that I'll be in the routine of taking the vitamins twice a day before surgery.  That's one of the biggest habits I need to make sure I get into.

So exciting!
JerseyJim
on 8/18/11 7:30 am - Sayre, PA
Congratulations and good luck on your journey!

HW: 418 SW: 386 CW: 225 GW: 210

dawney
on 8/18/11 2:55 pm
Congratulations! I hope your journey is filled with self discovery and lots of support from your OH family here in the forum.  I have surgery next Wednesday, kind of getting anxious, but a good type, just knowing I will be on the other side and feeling better in no time. 
Dawn A Boesch    
Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 72 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 296 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 342 views