Well I am home

Nessy2976
on 8/19/11 3:46 am - MD
 Seems the gas is the worst part of the whole deal!  I hit the pump 3 times and it made me so sick I decided it was easier to not hit the pump.  The pain was not that bad anyway. I really feel pretty good.  Tired, but good.  Not liking carrying this pump around, but oh well. So I am now on the losers bench !!  Can't wait to get really started going.  I am so filled with fluids I am swollen!!!!  When do you start to feel like drinking....I am but don't even want it.
airforcewife78
on 8/19/11 3:56 am
YAY I am so glad your surgery went well. I knew it would. I know the JP drain SUCKS! I hated it. I didn't drink right away when I got home because I wasn't thirsty. The next morning I did start to drink but I had glass in a shot glass every 15 minutes it kept me hydrated.
wynter57
on 8/19/11 4:29 am - Panama City, FL
So, you have a JP Drain? How bad of a pain is that? Can people see it under your clothes? Did they say how long you have to keep it?

Glad you are home!!

I hope I don't have to have it, lol.

Wynter
 VBG Surgery 4/17/1989 - Revision TO RNY 8/22/2011 - 4 Days Prior To Surgery WT: 309.5

poet_kelly
on 8/19/11 4:54 am - OH
I'm glad you're feeling pretty good.  What kind of pump are you carrying around at home?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Eliza55
on 8/19/11 4:54 am - PA
Glad to see you're home.  It's a big step, and you'll recover quickly if you don't overdo it.

I was very thirsty when I got home from the hospital, and continue to be very thirsty.  I can't tolerate as much as a shot glass every 15 minutes except for very short periods of time.  Everything just sits in the tiny pouch.  So I need to be very focused to stay hydrated.

I didn't have too much pain - mostly from all the gas in my digestive system that took a few days to work out of my system. 
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

(deactivated member)
on 8/19/11 5:17 am - MD
YAY I know you are glad to be home ......the drain will be gone before you know it look how fast everything else went  Before you know it you will be one skinny minny
Jessica L.
on 8/19/11 6:12 am

GLAD EVERYTHING WENT GOOD. I ALSO HAVE THE DRAIN AND I HATE IT IT'S THE WORSE OF THE PAIN FOR ME. I ALSO AM HAVING PROBLEMS DRINKING. I CANNOT DRINK THE 64 OZ THAT THEY WANT ME TO. THERE'S JUST NO WAY!!

petiteposies
on 8/19/11 6:43 am - FL
Hi everybody !  What is a drain, please?  and I have an idea ... how about one of those things that has a rubber squeeze thing on ( ha! an eye dropper, by golly!)  you suck up a little bit of water at a time?  Somebody used a spoonful every so often, that would work too ......Sam
Nessy2976
on 8/19/11 6:51 am - MD
 It is a JP drain and it isn't all that bad.  I have it pinned to my nightie, so it stays put.  It will come out next week when I go back.  I am finding drinking very hard also.  I  feel full after one of those little meds cups they sent me home with. I am guessing it takes time.  I imagine it is swollen in there and as that goes down I will be able to drink more. I am just really glad to be home 
ladyprof
on 8/19/11 11:40 am - Marion, AR
Congrats!  I am glad all went well for you.  I bet the next few months will be so exciting!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 485 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 486 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 358 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 71 views
Recent Topics