question ? how many time do you eat a day ?

missgg
on 8/30/11 8:10 am
I wanted to know are you a grazer or do you eat 3 times a day only if you do eat 3times per day do you eat snacks or how do you last through the whole day with eating 3 times a day? i do eat like 5-6 smalls meals or snacks is that OK because i get full after you know a few bites then maybe 3 hours later i want a small snack like nuts or cereal or something what do you think and what do you do ? thank you for you answer in advance

Bralen
on 8/30/11 8:16 am
I'm 6 months out and I eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and usually one or two snacks. For me a snack is a piece of string cheese, a hard boiled egg or maybe 1/2 of a greek yogurt. Also breakfast is usually a protein shake.
Start weight 263     Surgery weight 247  
missgg
on 8/30/11 8:19 am
you know what i need to is drink more protien if i start off with that inthe morning i believe that i would do better.

poet_kelly
on 8/30/11 8:25 am - OH
I am not a grazer.  I eat six times most days.  I do not consider that grazing.  I do not nibble all day long, I sit down and eat a planned meal or snack. 

If I only ate three times a day I would get hungry and cranky.  I would not get enough calories or protein.  My blood sugar would also crash often and I would feel very ill.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Carla M.
on 8/30/11 9:07 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with
I eat planned meals about 6 times a day. I'd be one cranky chick if I didn't eat that often.
Mrsz
on 8/30/11 9:35 am
I eat six planned times a day as well. I can't eat enough three times a day to get in the nutrition, calories and protein I need. Plus, I have a really sensitive pouch so I have to keep the amounts at a sitting extra small.
ktharp89
on 8/30/11 9:54 am - Gaithersburg, MD
 I eat maybe 5 or 6 times a day. A few good size meals and then a couple snacks. 
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

wanttostartover
on 8/30/11 10:34 am - SC
I'm only 8 days out but I'm on pureed and I'm noticing that I'm eating 2x a day and then mostly thirsty, sound normal?

poet_kelly
on 8/30/11 11:08 am - OH
Yep.  A lot of people don't feel very hungry for a while after surgery.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

D-J
on 8/30/11 10:46 am
I eat three meals a day and have my shakes and water in between.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 443 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views