Surgery on Friday- Panic attack tonight

Renee2be
on 9/5/11 1:27 pm - NC
  I woke up heart racing, sweats and eyes watering scared to death.   My mind is messing with me bad.  I know i am doing this for my health,  Diabetes type II, High Blood Pressure, and PCOS.   Family history of all these PLUS stroke and Cancer.   I know my reasons......I'm gonna do this..........are panic attacks normal? 

This week is a bad week anyways, my fiancee has court on Thursday, (ex-wife drama), he is out of work right now due to injury, not sure if worker's comp is going to pay or not.  Luckily i will be paid at 100 % for up to 9 weeks.  He is my main support person, but may not be here Surgery day due to the drama.

I have a backup plan we decided NOT to reschedule my surgery, because of His drama, Not his fault he is a good man,   We decided not to reschedule, as i need to move towards my new life regardless,  

I am working 1.5 days this week, to finish training my replacement at work, i will start a new job upon my return.   My MBA class has started, I do have backup support people in place, just in case. 

Am i risking complications by going into this with so much stress? 

Up until now, i have been so excited now i am scared to death!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Is this normal???  Is this like pre wedding jitters or what????

I am so thankful for this board already!!!!!!!!

Any advice is welcome!!!!!!!!!!   Does anyone regret doing this?
wife2denizmoi
on 9/5/11 1:35 pm
Being scared is totally normal.  At least you are voicing thos concerns now. I tend to toally internalize them and then day of surgery was sitting there crying. Its ok. It is totally worth it in the end. Remember, there won't really be significant pain, more weakness and tiredness than anything else which will go away!

Get some clothing catalogs and start browsing for all the new clothes  you will be able to buy! Thats the fun part! It will take your mind off the upcoming surgery. Relax. You will be fine! Pamper yourself before...get your nails done, get a pedicure, get a massage if it helps.

As soon as you talk to the anesthesiologist and your surgeon tell them you are feeling  wigged out and ask if they can do anything to calm you down. You may get something right away which is nice.

I do not regret one moment of this. It has been amazing.I am a type 1 diabetic now taking less than 30 units of insulin per day...down from 155 units per day, off my cholesterol medicine and taking mostly vitamins right now!  The transformation is amazing and fun! Best of luck to you.

-HeidiG (Wife2denizmoi) 

SweetLilyAnn
on 9/5/11 1:57 pm - TX
PERFECTLY NORMAL........

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

Lisa R.
on 9/5/11 2:42 pm - CA
I don't think the stress will hurt the surgery.  Wow, that is a lot of stress.  Baby mama drama is the worst, so glad my finance doesn't have an ex wife of kids, but a did date someone in the past who did and it was a nightmare, and the main reason he is now an ex.  

I waited a year to schedule my surgery because I was so freaked out.  Why?  Because I think it took me a while to come to terms with losing my relationship with food.  I didn't want to not eat bread or drink beer or have a fast food hamburger sometimes.  But  you can still do all those things eventually again, you will really want to limit them but you can do it.  

I am 4 months out and I am the thinnest I have been since high school.  People do not recognize me, I always get a kick out of that.  I love shopping and finding that I can choose cloths that I really like, not just find things that fit.  I also hate to shop because there is so much to choose from and I can't but it all so I feel like I am always missing out.  

You are going to be so happy you did this, but it will be hard at first.  Remember, the surgery is just the tool, you have to do all the work and most of the work is mental.  So be ready for tears and regrets, but they only last a short while.  You might also want to talk to the fiancee about the baby mama drama, he might need to try to keep that on the down low for you for at least the first week after surgery.  Your hormones will be out of whack and the stress of that will be hard to take.  He can let it go for a week, or at least keep it to himself and deal with it on the down low. 

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
lilbear412
on 9/5/11 3:11 pm - MN
 NORMAL>... i was sitting there in the presurgery room and just shaking i was so scared. i tell you what..it was horrible.  i seriously seriously thought of fleeing..but i kept telling myself why i was doing this (kids, health..etc...) and it went so quickly that i almost don't know what happened.  When i woke up from surgery i was pretty doped up the first day.  The second day i had time to myself and i thought "now what the heck did i do having my insides rearranged?!!".  i then went back to that thought..(kids, health..etc) and i refuse to look back. 
relax and remember you are not the first.   take care  

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

AnneGG
on 9/5/11 6:14 pm
Just keep slow breathing and putting one foot in front of the other. Of course you're scared. It will be normal to have regrets afterwards, too, but they won't last.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

(deactivated member)
on 9/5/11 7:18 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
LOL--I spent the entire weekend pre-op going through the "Before & After" photos and
reading the profiles.  I didn't sleep much, but I was awake anyway, wanting to get to
the hospital.

This is like all your first dates, birthdays, Christmases and wedding nights, all rolled up
into one!!!  Yeah, you're nervous, but hang in there, Kid, you can do this!!!!
Renee2be
on 9/5/11 8:35 pm - NC
Thank You all so much!!!!   I am going to print this post out and keep it with me, so when the panic hits again i have a weapon!!!!!

3 days  counting today until surgery.

dasie
on 9/5/11 9:13 pm
Best wishes...just think, this time next year you will not even recognize yourself.  I'm excited fo you.

(deactivated member)
on 9/5/11 10:00 pm - Boston, MA
 I was scared to death... the odds are in your favor that you will be perfectly fine without complications.. so easier said than done but breath and try to relax it will be the best thing you ever did for yourself!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 326 views