4 weeks today and i cant eat anything need advice...pls...

oceansunset70
on 9/8/11 9:42 am - RI
Ok i had my bypass on 8/8 and last week my nut move me on to soft foods...like shrimp and chicken salad and tuna..without pureeing them...which was fine for the first couple of days but now everytime i take a bite it doesnt stay down i get sick and up it comes...what could this be ive been fine..is it im eating it too fast?> not chewing it enough? i can eat cottage cheese np ...i can eat cheese stick np..its stuff i have to chew alot is the problem...help...any advice would be helpful..thanks

pam
Anarare
on 9/8/11 9:52 am - VA
 I had surgery the same day,,,first, I would try to eat slower and see if that helps.  I set a timer for 20 minutes and eat super super slow... chewing a TON!  

I had that issue a few times.  If not, ask to get scoped...u might be developing a stricture...but I hear it is very easily and painlessly fixed!!!

HW: 400lbs+,  SW: 310lbs, CW: 218lbs, GW: 150lbs        
AnneGG
on 9/8/11 10:03 am
If something doesn't work, drop it, and you can also go back to pureed for awhile. It takes a lot of experimenting to find what works for you, and you might find something that works one day and doesn't the next.

I lived on fillet of sole and boiled shrimp in addition to my protein shakes and Greek yogurt for my first 4 months. Now I can tolerate anything except ice cream.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

poet_kelly
on 9/8/11 10:25 am - OH
Eat slower, chew more.  But if you seem to be having more and more trouble getting stuff down, call your doc.  Could have a stricture.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.