At almost 3 weeks Post Op and I feel kinda normal?

ssgoodri
on 9/11/11 2:09 am
Hi all,
So today I woke up and realized, tomorrow will be 3 weeks since surgery and I feel almost normal (my skin still hurts, but other than that)... Funny I eat about 3oz of food at a time with no issues (I am still on soft foods, but I eat the canned chicken, cottage cheese, refried beans, eggs, cheese) so far at least.  However, all of a sudden I have a little voice in my head saying I am eating too much and that I am going back to my old ways.... I am going to gain everything I have lost so far and the surgery was a failure...

I am pretty sure this is probably something alot of folks go through as you start eating more and more normal foods, but it always helps to hear I am not crazy and that I shouldn't panic.

Thanks for 'listeninging' and responding again :)

Shannon

P.S.  I did have a two  Ritz crackers, I ate them like a mouse- nibble nibble nibble -- I just needed something crunchy and salty --
We've only just begun!  

Stephanie M.
on 9/11/11 2:16 am - Los Angeles, CA
 Shannon,
I completely understand, and this is completely normal. Everytime I advanced a stage, I would freak out for the first 3 days thinking I was going to gain weight and maybe I should just stay on the stage I was on (for example, when I went from liquids to purees). This is normal, and even at almost 3 months out, I still feel this way sometimes. Just try to calm the thoughts, as I have not yet found a way to get them to go away all together. And know, that as long as you are eating what your surgeon told you to eat, you will lose the weight. Good luck!!
Steph

Eliza55
on 9/11/11 2:36 am - PA
Shannon
Sounds like you're doing great to me  .  Remember that you need protein and some calories to keep your body running well.  I bet if you record everything, and add up the calories, you would be surprised how little you're eating!

Take care
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

lilbear412
on 9/11/11 2:39 am - MN
 I am just a few days behind you.  I also feel quite normal.  I know i am a bit weak yet though and am still taking it "easy" .  I have been looking at some recipes and dreaming about what i can have in the next stage (at my month check up i go to soft foods) and then i think wait i am failing.  My tummy isn't hungry but my mouth is watering looking at this food and then i think...yep i am going to be the one to fail i can see it already. lol So i would have to say your feelings are normal....

PSS were the crackers good?  lol

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

poet_kelly
on 9/11/11 3:13 am - OH
Let's be logical for a minute, OK?  You really think you're going back to your old ways?  Your old ways were eating three ounces of cottage cheese at a time?  You got so fat eating three ounces of cottage cheese that you needed WLS?  I'm finding it hard to believe that.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

ssgoodri
on 9/11/11 3:18 am
Thanks again all --  nice to know I am not losing it completely LOL :)
We've only just begun!  

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 9/11/11 8:48 am
You should start feeling back to normal.  Eating 3 oz at one time is fine.  Sounds like you are doing great.  Most people process eating these foods as well.  YOu only hear about the problems but many sail through this process complication free.

Winnie

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 403 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?