question about sushi!!

rebeccaj
on 9/9/11 12:31 pm - Bowling Green, KY
I am about to undergo a revision from Band to RNY... since I had the band I have not been able to eat sushi (which I LOVE), because it gets stuck and comes back up, ewww.  What has your experience been with it.  I really miss it and want to be able to eat it again.
h_squared
on 9/9/11 12:39 pm - IN
 I eat sushi just fine.  Of course I waited until I was almost a year out..about 10 months.  As long as I go slow and take my time, no problems.
~Heather

www.facebook.com/hphsquared

The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'.  -Anonymous

Ale L.
on 9/9/11 12:48 pm
RNY on 03/08/11 with
i have been eating sushi since 4 months out and i have been fine. you should really have to chew chew chew your heart out....but its worth it!!!!!

Cynthia L.
on 9/9/11 1:04 pm - Clarence, NY
My husband and I split a large sashimi dinner every week (we both have had a RNY), it's the highlight of our weekly dining experiences.  It comes with a Miso, so we just order one extra miso.  I also get two pieces of sweet shrimp, because I want those deep fried shrimp heads.  Yes, SHRIMP HEADS!!!

My fave pieces are the yummy white tuna.

We've found that Sashimi (sushi without the rice) is a near perfect post-op food.  Delish slices of protein and some (salmon and mackerel) with those nifty Omegas.

Bon Appetit,

-Cyn

chrissie_hynde_kitty_std-2-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castleBad boys get spanked. - Chrissie Hynde Lifeposter-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castle

cheermonkeysmom
on 9/9/11 1:28 pm - Smithsburg, MD
We just had su****onight for dinner. My hubby and I have both been eating sushi since about 3 months out. I can only eat 3-4 pieces, but hey, at least I can eat it and tolerate it. All you can do is try it and see what happens. Good Luck on your revision
 Highest Weight - 220/ Date of Surgery - 194/ Goal Weight - 125 CW 122  2nd Goal - 115

Alexandra R.
on 9/9/11 1:39 pm - Naples, FL
Sushi and sashimi were my FAVORITE pre op. I've only tried sashimi post op just to avoid the rice, and I've gotten sick both times :( I guess I just can't handle raw fish because I can eat cooked fish perfectly fine.
HW: 280 SW: 260 CW: 152 GW: 125

macjuicy
on 9/9/11 1:43 pm - FL
I love sushi also, but I changed to Sashimi great protein and delicious Im about 4 months out, I stay away from the rice becuase rice is one of those carbs that scares me LOL

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

hlacy
on 9/9/11 4:17 pm - Chandler, AZ
Another option at many places are rolls made with cucumber as the wrap and the nori and rice are eliminated. I love nori, though, but I'd give it up for no rice. I'm going to su****omorrow night and plan to try a piece like this and some sashimi!
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 329 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 158 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?