4 monthers--how is everyone doing?

kandl03
on 9/10/11 12:01 pm
I had surgery the day before you.  So far things have been going really well.  My only issue was with protein shakes, after 5 weeks I had big issues with shakes not agreeing with me.  I have finally been able to have protein shakes again without making me sick. 

Kara

Weight lost since Surgery  

Weight lost since first visit with surgeon.
macjuicy
on 9/10/11 1:17 pm, edited 9/10/11 1:18 pm - FL
Mine was May 23 2011 Im down 62 lbs and feeling awesome!

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

AWyldfire
on 9/10/11 3:28 pm - OH
My surgery was May 10th and I am down 62 pounds with 37 pounds to go !! YAY !! My surgery has been the very BEST thing I could have done for myself !! I have had no complications yet, just the constipation LOL.( And unfortunately some hairloss) My blood pressure is now back to normal, or a little lower. My BP ran high and I was on BP meds before my RNY, My diabetes was out of control also, with FSBS  running in the 500 - 600 range (finger sticks). I was on so much fast acting and long acting insulin and giving myself 6-8 shots a day on top of my glucophage 4 times daily !!!  Right before surgery I learned my heart was enlarged and my left ventricle was not pumping blood to my body at a decent rate. Therefore being diagnosed with Left Ventricle hypotrophy !! LVH.  Well I just had another EKG and Echocardiogram done and well/\/\/\/\/\/\ (drumroll)  I am so happy to say that my heart is NO LONGER enlarged, my LVH is gone and my heart is pumping blood to my body at 65 which is perfect !!! My A1C is 4.8. My doctor has taken me off ALL meds. She says my diabetes is in "remission". She says That I AM HEALTHY AS CAN BE !!! Me...HEALTHY !!! I am so happy and I feel so much better !!!  My family can see a big change in me and for the first time...Today I have noticed a big change also !!! Thank You Dr. Lalor for my RNY. Thank you GOD for my second chance at life !!! Best of luck to you all !!!  =)

LilnAK
on 9/10/11 3:41 pm
My surgery was May 12th. I weighed 225 the day of surgery and I'm down to 172 now so that's what.....a loss of 53 pounds. I feel good but have fallen off the exercise wagon this week. Just haven't hit the treadmil. I've gotta get back on it though. I have a masquerade ball next month and I want to look awesome! One strange thing has happened this week - several people have told me that I look great and don't need to lose too much more weight. I still have 30 - 35 lbs to get to my personal goal and though I've lost a lot of inches, I still feel like the fat chick. I wonder if that image will ever leave my mind. I guess it's something I will really have to work on. Great job everyone! Keep it up!
 Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly - Anonymous    
Momx4kids
on 9/10/11 5:57 pm - Abbotsford, Canada
I had surgery on the May 13th and am doing very well. I have lost over 65 lbs and am really starting to have ppl notice. I have had no complications, and have been doing pretty good at sticking to proper food choices. I eat about 600-800 cal a day and get in at least 80- 100g of protein a day. Had a few days in the past months where the food felt like it was stuck in my throat, a few throw up moments, but overall I am doing very well. I try to walk, and do some workouts at the gym. This is the best decision I made, I am feeling so fantastic, I was in a size 24 (3XL) and now the size 16 pants I bought two weeks ago are starting to get loose!!  My rings aren't fitting anymore. It is definately hard to stick to everything, when I want to have something I shouldn't, I remind myself why I did this, and the results so far are spuring me on to do even better!  The loose saggy skin sucks!
Rhonda

1948JOY
on 9/12/11 1:18 pm - TN
I had rny surgery on April 13, which will be five months tomorrow.  I have lost  76 pounds since surgery but my highest weight just before having a total knee replacement in Jan 2010 makes me having lost  89 pounds.  My husband said I should tell everyone 89 pounds but I just count since surgery.  I have thrown up maybe five times.  I too have problem eating chicken.  I know I am not getting enough protein and water either but it's hard when you are not hungry.  My blood presure has been low every since surgery.  I was on blood pressure medicine for 23 years.  The only problem that I really have had is light headed, weak in my ledgs and arms.  I think it may have something to do with not enough protein, I don't know.  I have fallen three times in the last month so I am going to see my primary doctor tomorrow.  I have been blessed that I haven't broken anything.  Anyone else had this problem?
Kelly S.
on 9/11/11 12:04 am - MA
 I had my sugery on May 18 and am down 78lbs.  I was a 22/24, 3X then and now wear a 16 pant and an XL (misses) top.  I went from 302 to 224 and feel fantastic!!  I just got a ring guard for my wedding rings becuase they were slipping off and I'm still about halfway to goal.  

I don't exercise as much as I should, but am VERY active and love running around with my 3 year old. I'm lucky if I get to the gym twice a week. My husband wonders how I have any hair left on my head at all based on what's in the bathroom, but I'm taking biotin and hoping the hair loss slows soon.  I'm pretty good about my vitamins, but it's an effort.

I always get my protein and fluids in and haven't found that I dump yet.  BUT, I don't push limits on anything, so unless I were to dump on seemingly innocuous things, I don't know that I've given myelf the opportunity.  I am hyperconscious of ingredients and nutrition stats. If I don't know what's in it and how much, I don't eat it.  If it's cake. cookies, sweets of any kind, I skip it.  No sense starting down that particular slippery slope!

I've had no complications and am feeling fantastic.  I'm thrilled that i made this choice.  I am so grateful to OH and the men and women on this forum.  I am a frequent visitor and learn something new almost every day.  THANK YOU!

Angela *.
on 9/11/11 3:41 am - UT
I had my surgery May 2nd, and I am doing great!  I have had zero trouble with ANY food, I get all my vitamins in with no problem and I'm doing good on protein too.  The main thing I struggle with is getting enough liquid in!  I forget and I'm never thirsty.  The only thing that is currently worrying me is the massive amounts of of hair in my brush lately, talk about scary!  I keep reading that it will stop and grow back so I'm trying not to panic.  I've lost 70lbs in 4 & 1/2 months and I am VERY happy with  my decision!!  I have 30 more to lose to hit my goal!  Hoping to hit 168 by the end of the year.  :)
   *******Angela******  5'10"tall  36yrs old   SW 268 CW 180 GW 168

Sasrah1972
on 9/11/11 4:26 am - NY
I also just started with massive hairloss. I knew it would happen, so I cut my hair short a month ago. It is scary though, and I see it thinning on top. I know it goes in cycles and this is just what happens when you starve yourbody the way we are. Necessary functions first, hair second!
Jflyny
on 9/11/11 4:57 am
My surgery was 5/19. I feel amazing. Still trying to handle the psychology of it all. I have lost 55 pounds which is great. Here's my problem, the scale keeps saying the same thing, I have been within 3 pounds of 168 for weeks and weeks. Thank God I keep fitting into smaller clothes without losing pounds on the scale. I hate the damn scale, why do I feel the need to weigh myself everyday? No medical problems. I can't eat ice cream or a whole slice of bread, makes me sick.