4 monthers--how is everyone doing?

jennytmitch
on 9/11/11 9:15 am - NC
I had surgery May 2nd and am doing pretty good.  I did have some complications about 2 weeks out.  I had two bleeding ulcers at the anastimosis site.  I went back into the hospital for 8 days and was on TPN for about 6 weeks.  It was rough, but I would definitely do it again.  I have lost 60 pounds according to my scale.  I have about 74 more to go to get to my goal, but only about 54 for my surgeon's goal. 

I cannot seem to do spaghetti at all.  I tried the Barilla plus protein and the spaghetti makes me sick.  I can do other types of pasta, like elbow, or penne, so I do those from time to time,  I haven't tried too much with sugar, because I am scared to dump, so I just don't want to try it.

SharByTheSea
on 9/11/11 10:36 pm
I am now almost 5 months out and doing great.  I had a revision from Band to RNY on 4/26/11 and down 45lbs.  Dr explained that I will loose slower than those of you who are first time surgeries.  Had some issues during the first 2 months...lots of nausea, but have that under control now.  Have to really pay attention to my protein intake and water also.
Wishing everyone good health on this journey.

LapBand: 10/2004
RealizeBand: 02/2009
Revision: LapBand/RNY 04/26/2011
Mrsz
on 9/12/11 3:46 am
I had surgery on 5/20/11. Unfortunately, I have had a lot of food related complications. I have not been able to eat any form of meat no matter how it is prepared or if it is pureed or whole. I can't tolerate soy meat replacement either (like Morningstar Farms products). My surgeon put me on a vegetarian diet. I am on two protein drinks a day still to help me meet my protein requirements. I have lost 60 lbs so far (also a size 24 to 16). I don't really miss eating meat at all. I just am having trouble finding good vegetarian protein sources that I can tolerate as well.  I haven't been brave enough to begin cooking with tofu, but that will probably be my next step. Still thankful to have made this choice and journey to a healthier life.
Sasrah1972
on 9/12/11 11:54 am - NY
So sorry to hear about all your challenges. It is tough. Want to tell you about my dinner tonight...all veggie.  I had 2 tbsp of black beans cooked with Pam and onion. I topped it with one scrambled egg, an ounce of shredded cheddar, and 1 heaping tbsp of 0% greek yogurt. I put some salsa on top and it was delicious!!! I estimate that it was about 20-22g of protein all together. I also don't love meat...

Sasrah
RNY 5.17.11

Mrsz
on 9/12/11 3:49 pm
Sounds delish! I love black beans. I haven't tried them yet, but I think I will have to try this recipe. Thanks for passing it along.
carrie1985
on 9/12/11 11:23 am - crestwood, KY
 My surgery was on 5/20 I started at 240 the day of surgery and am 195 right now i have lost 53 total and 45 since surgery. I am very pleased. sometimes i feel like i should have lost more but I have lost almost half of my excess weight at less than 4 months so I can't complain. It sounds like you and everyone else are doing great too! I have learned that meat is not my friend anymore and salads are the best. I love unjury chocolate protein but definatley should drink it more. and about 3 weeks ago the hair loss began. but I would recommend this surgery to anyone

Sasrah1972
on 9/12/11 11:55 am - NY
Hey everyone, I really appreciate your posts. We have up days and down days, more or less complications, but all in all I'm so proud to be a part of your bunch!! Keep up the amazing work...
JerseyJim
on 9/12/11 12:53 pm - Sayre, PA
I had surgery on 5/23 and I feel GREAT!! I've lost 80+ lbs and have a lot of energy.  I'm doing great with food, and can pretty much tolerate anything.  I haven't have anything with refined sugar or flour, but I eat fruit and whole grains without issue. I'm getting my vitamins in and my water, and I can honestly say that this is the best decision I've ever made.

HW: 418 SW: 386 CW: 225 GW: 210