Urinating blood clots

Samantha L.
on 9/13/11 12:10 am - Petaluma, CA
 Looks like I am off to the hospital today, which sucks because I have no medical coverage.
  I am HOPING that it's just a nasty UTI, but I am passing fairly large blood clots when I urinate.  (Yes, I am CERTAIN that's where they are coming from and are not period related).  This comes with the usual pain/burning while urinating and frequent urgent desire to go. 
  Wish me luck.   I have a job interview today and I am PRAYING that I don't miss it. 

poet_kelly
on 9/13/11 12:38 am - OH
Oh wow.  Yeah, it could be a nasty UTI, that's probably the most likely thing it would be.  But definitely gotta get it checked out.  I hope you don't get stuck in the ER all day.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

mrslatch
on 9/13/11 12:50 am - Fort Campbell, KY
OH NO! Lots of prayers and good vibes headed your way.
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

AnneGG
on 9/13/11 12:56 am
Will be swinging lizards for you, as Nik says!

Love your new avatar, by the way.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

laura_vermont
on 9/13/11 3:39 am
Do you have an understanding PCP?  I used to be a UTI frequent flyer and he would prescribe with out seeing me.  Wouldn't hurt to call & ask -- make sure you explain that you're uninsured right now.
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

rbb825
on 9/13/11 6:04 pm - Suffern, NY
Did you go to the hospital?  How did it go? Do you have any abdominal or back pain?  Having that much blood when urinating can mean kidney stones not just a plain run of mill UTI.  Make sure they test you for stones, if they are blocking a ureter causing the bleeding they can be serious.  I had this problem back in July and needed emergency surgery.  You need a CT scan ASAP and a urinalysis to check for protein, blood and white cells in your urine.  Let me know how it goes.

Most Active
Recent Topics