When Can I eat lettuce? 7 weeks out RNY

Keisha770
on 9/14/11 10:34 pm - Powder Springs, GA
I am 7 weeks out and I am dying to eat me a taco wrapped in lettuce. I did a search and only 1 posting addressed this question fully therefore, I am asking it again.

When can I eat lettuce???? Not a full blown salad but a some iceburg lettuce with ground turkey and pinto beans and cheese in it. I haven't found anything appetizing at all since surgery and that means that I havent really been eating since surgery! Food used to taste so delicious to me and now I hate it! :(

I called my doctor and he and his nurse were out for the day. So who knows when I will get a call back and I can't afford to pay to see the nut. right now.

hockeymom8016
on 9/14/11 10:37 pm - NJ
It varies from doctor to doctor.  My surgeon cleared me for anything I could tolerate at my one month visit.

Proudtobaloser
on 9/14/11 10:38 pm - Fayetteville, NC
Ok do not take my word as gospel but from what I have read and been told three to six months out for most people.

As a single person we make but a whisper, as a crowd we make a roar. A friend.
"I never claimed to be an expert at such matters, but I am an expert at giving my opinion."- My dad

Nessy2976
on 9/14/11 10:46 pm - MD
 I am cleared at 6 weeks...2 more to go!!!  I think you should be good to go...just chew really well!!
 "Patience is bitter, but the fruit can be sweet."                            
seeingthelight
on 9/14/11 11:13 pm
I was cleared at week 7/ My friend who had surgery about the same time had a problem with lettuce at first, myself on the other hand had no problems at all.  Salad is one of the foods i love to eat and eat almost on a daily basis with some sort of meat on it!! 
Kathy M.
on 9/14/11 11:53 pm - summershade, KY
I was cleared at 3 weeks

Kathy M

Mindy B.
on 9/14/11 11:56 pm
HI,
I just had my NUT visit at 7 weeks and was cleared for everything.  I too was dying for lettuce.  She thought romaine would be better as it is crunchier.  I did try it and it went fine...thank the LORD!!

Good luck.

HW:  306
Surgery weight:  287.5

Jacobsmama08
on 9/15/11 1:00 am - Morgan Hill, CA
Go for it!! Take slow and chew well, but you should be just fine!!! Enjoy! I to, was DYING for lettuce, at about 2 months out, just a bite or two of salad was all I wanted... It was wonderful! I had no issues! Enjoy your 'lettuce wrap'... I recently had an In N Out burger, 'no carb style' with all the veggies and cheese in a wrap of lettuce, their single burgers are so tiny I almost could fini**** all... But maaaaan it was Gooood!!

Highest weight :412, Weight on surgery day (5/2/11): 370.

Jacobsmama08
on 9/15/11 1:03 am - Morgan Hill, CA
OK, just realized that you probably don't know what an 'In N Out burger' is... I guess it's a CA thing. It's only the best fast food chain EVER. Everything is fresh, nothing's frozen, even the fries are made straight from the potatoe... AWESOME-ness! So, as fast food goes, it's the least damage you can do. And maaaan , that burger was Good!

Highest weight :412, Weight on surgery day (5/2/11): 370.

Dan OBrien
on 9/15/11 1:23 am - FL
I was cleared at 2 weeks - for lettuce only with dressing - so I am assuming they wanted me to chop it well.  Tried it and the only issue was hours later it had me running to the bathroom.   Tried a whole salad again yesterday and had no issues (six weeks out)
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 400 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 275 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 311 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 138 views
Recent Topics