Three Days Post Op

Mike P.
on 9/18/11 5:40 am - WI
I made it home yesterday. Had my RnY on Thursday…it was a bit rough waking up in recovery and initially getting to my room, but after a few hours once the anesthesia wore off, I was walking the halls by myself! My wife stayed with me the first night….good thing since it was a full house and the nurses were a bit slow coming. Pain really is not too bad today at all….if I do a little too much, then it starts to hurt…but for the most part, this has not been too bad at all. I really expected the worse and nothing turned out to be as bad as I anticipated. I don’t return to wor****il 10/31 so looking forward to doing a whole lot of nothing for the next 6 weeks. I’m sipping the fluids with no problems. I have noticed my new stomach is very LOUD! Am I always going to be this noisy?
kellyl1202
on 9/18/11 6:39 am
Congrats-glad things went smoothly for you.
Kelly L  
5'ft 1in   RNY 9/12/11
301 HW / 287.7 SW / 216 CW / 150 GW

glzgowlass
on 9/18/11 7:06 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
I had mine done on Wednesday.  I was up at 1 am walking the halls and felt I'd got off easy too.  Unfortunately the next day the nurse left me with no pain meds and forgot to bring me any until 3pm!  The stuff she gave me was useless.  When the night nurse came on 12 hours later she gave me lortab and that helped a lot.  They kept me another day and I really think it was because of the lack of pain meds.  I had a massive migraine and could hardly function until I got the lortab a 3 am. 
Feeling better now compared to then.  It's easier getting up out the chair than it was.  Took the on Q pump out, but still have a drain.  

Mine makes some noise but not much.  I felt an odd bubble earlier and now I have a gas bubble in my left shoulder.  Been trying to walk it off.  Getting ready to give it another go.

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

lilbear412
on 9/18/11 7:38 am - MN
 I am almost 4 weeks out.  Its just been really last week where my pouch has settled down a bit.  Still everytime i eat i have air coming back up.  Its always been this way since surgery for me.  I take a bite and burp..sometimes i have the noise still but only occassionally.  lol
keep posting about how you are.   and congrats!!

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

Most Active
Recent Topics