Pudding question

Susan_U
on 9/19/11 5:08 pm - Ontario, CA
I am a bit confused about pudding.  We are told to avoid or cut way down on carbs at least at first, yet even sugar-free pudding is almost 75% carbs.  And my favorite type, tapioca, is about 98% carbs. Does the protein in pudding outweigh all those carbs?
AnneGG
on 9/19/11 5:37 pm
I don't know the answer to your question re: sugar free puddings, but speaking of puddings, I'm really liking Power Pak Protein Pudding at 30 gms of protein and 190 calories. It comes ready made in a can, and is expensive, but I can actually tolerate it and it fills me up.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Dave Chambers
on 9/19/11 10:45 pm - Mira Loma, CA
Pudding is generally considered one of those "slider foods", easily forced through the pouch if too much is consumed. I do like the FF puddings occasionally. BUT, I try to measure the serving amount to 3 oz or less.  I also add unflavored whey isolate protein to it also to up the protein amount.  You need some carbs in your diet.  So try to avoid a full menu of high carb foods throughout the day.   Personally, I do not eat any FF pudding without the unflavored protein added. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/19/11 11:34 pm - OH
Pudding has very little protein, but it is easily tolerated early post-op (my surgeon does not recommend it after that except as an occasional treat) and is one of the foods that easily disguises the taste of unflavored protein powder added to it.  SOME of the carbs are unavoidable because of the milk content, but in general it is not a particularly good choice for a FOOD.

Where do you find SF tapioca pudding... or do you buy the regular sugared variety?

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics